Mentoring - here and elsewhere

Hmm you should totally make a profile for yourself then - you won't get anyone asking you that question once you've got an official mentor reference for them to read ;)

Thanks Overread, you actually touched on an important part... " as elusive as the animals we shoot " there are lots of little details ... like how to not scare off your critter. While many critter butts are cute it isn't their best angle lol
You definitely gave me food for thought.

Has it worked for you?

Here or other places on the web - the formal system here hasn't been very successful from my standpoint - although perhaps the other mentors have been busier. I've had perhaps three people contact me but after one or two interactions, the contact just tailed off.

In person, I have mentored 4 people in the last two years and two are ongoing, the other two still send me pictures but they are pretty much on their own.

I've had several people contact me and have worked with a couple. I failed the last person. They weren't doing anything that I felt like I could really teach. They wanted to do lighting but had one speedlight that didn't work off camera and were planning on getting something "eventually". I gave them the knowledge of scrims and reflectors, IIRC, but there wasn't much more I could do for them imho.

i'd rather work with someone locally if possible. but if someone online was willing to help, raise your hand!

Most reactions

Back