meow meow cc please

Cam_Assassin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
took a pic of this freeloader the other day. c&c?

catg.png

Did you boost contrast/saturation on this? I think a better crop would be more effective and get rid of the hose on the ground.

guess no one likes a freeloader eh.. lol

Why dont you say what you like or dislike about the shot? What made you post it here? And not the whole "I want to improve, so I ask"... what specifically in this image do you like?

I have a bunch of things, but really, these are things that are typed out on this forum probably 30x a day.

good detail...could be cropped differently so its not so centered, here's an example:

i thought about cropping it, but then i felt that the background added to the picture and gave me a glimpse of the size of the cat...

Did you boost contrast/saturation on this? I think a better crop would be more effective and get rid of the hose on the ground.

here was the original pic... lol so um yea... i kinda boosted everything.

originalresize.png

Why dont you say what you like or dislike about the shot?

although i did a lot of pp to it. my concern was "did it work" as a whole.

What made you post it here? And not the whole "I want to improve, so I ask"... what specifically in this image do you like?

eh isn't this where all the helpful experts hang out? lol

----------------

and thank you everyone for your feedbacks.

What made you post it here? And not the whole "I want to improve, so I ask"... what specifically in this image do you like?

Post processing really only works on a good image foundation. Looking at the original, you need to find out why your images was so underexposed, which then made you PP it to the level you did to get the results you wanted. You should of been able to get something better in camera.

Technical exposure issues aside, here are some thoughts about the image:

1- the area around the cat is not clean and can distract from the main subject. There is a hose running accross the top, patches of dead grass around. If the background isn't adding to your image in either enhancing it or helping tell the story, get rid of it
Best way to get rid of it...zoom in and make your subject more prominent in the frame

2- I personally do not like images of animals or kids where the photographer is not at their height. It can work in some instances, but generally, looking at getting down to their level to make the viwer feel they are part of the story

Exposure better, get at the animals height, look for interesting moments, keep the background in consideration. This will help make the image work.

And the reason I asked what you thought is that the best critic of your work is yourself. Learn to see your images for what they are. Having people just say they like it or not is a good start, but not enough. Develop your own eye, even if it is very very basic at first. This will help in developping your style.
Just posting something for the sake of posting it does not one any justice.

Keep on practicing!

Post processing really only works on a good image foundation. Looking at the original, you need to find out why your images was so underexposed, which then made you PP it to the level you did to get the results you wanted. You should of been able to get something better in camera.

Technical exposure issues aside, here are some thoughts about the image:

1- the area around the cat is not clean and can distract from the main subject. There is a hose running accross the top, patches of dead grass around. If the background isn't adding to your image in either enhancing it or helping tell the story, get rid of it
Best way to get rid of it...zoom in and make your subject more prominent in the frame

2- I personally do not like images of animals or kids where the photographer is not at their height. It can work in some instances, but generally, looking at getting down to their level to make the viwer feel they are part of the story

Exposure better, get at the animals height, look for interesting moments, keep the background in consideration. This will help make the image work.

And the reason I asked what you thought is that the best critic of your work is yourself. Learn to see your images for what they are. Having people just say they like it or not is a good start, but not enough. Develop your own eye, even if it is very very basic at first. This will help in developping your style.
Just posting something for the sake of posting it does not one any justice.

Keep on practicing!

Great post. Developing my eye has been something I've worked on a lot. Sometimes I'm there and sometimes not. It's very hard for me to be subjective towards my own pictures. It's really hard when it's a picture of one of my children because I love them so much. I show my stuff to my friends and family when I want my ego stroked. When I want honest critisism, I go elsewhere.

Most reactions

Back