'merica

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got a new backdrop in this week so I had to test it out. I am going to really like this one for sure. It looks good with or without lighting it, so it will be versital.

1) a little darker/moodier.

Flag_backdrop-12.jpg

2) more of a hi-key look.

Flag_backdrop-25.jpg

LOVE THE BACKGROUND! Viewing it on a small screen the first appeared a little to dark, but looking at it on the big screen I actually prefer it over the second. I might be tempted to do a little dodge and burn on the face a but other than that, good job!

Last edited:
LOVE THE BACKGROUND! Viewing it on a small screen the first appeared a little to dark, but looking at it on the big screen I actually prefer it over the second. I might be tempted to do a little dodge and burn to the on the face a little but other than that, good job!

Thank you. Yeah, I didn't mess with any dodge and burn. Almost had to fire the camera man when I realized that all of these were shot jpeg instead of raw. At least they were close to being right in camera.

Yes, this one should get used often. Really nice, Ron.

Thanks.

I like how the facial expressions change slightly to reflect the mood.

@smoke665, I went back and did some D&B on these images. It's not as noticeable on the darker one but on the high key one, wow.

I'm at work but I'll try to post the new version later on.

Thanks

@ronlane To me D&B on a portrait is that little finishing detail, like sprinkles on a cupcake. Both work with the background but I still prefer the first one. The luminosity of the face being brighter than the background helps to isolate and draw the viewers eye in.

@ronlane To me D&B on a portrait is that little finishing detail, like sprinkles on a cupcake. Both work with the background but I still prefer the first one. The luminosity of the face being brighter than the background helps to isolate and draw the viewers eye in.

I don't disagree with you at all. The first one is shot at a wider aperture as well, which is helping the separation on it. (I got extremely lucky with getting the eyes in focus with such a shallow depth of field. Usually don't do that when doing this.)

Nice background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back