Messenger style bag, gripped body + 70-200mm

matseski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am going to be studying in Europe in the fall and the last thing I need to purchase before I go is a camera bag. As my kit has been expanding, using my backpack is no longer a practical option. I want something that will hold a gripped body with attached 70-200 f2.8, 17-50 f2.8, flash, Gorillapod Focus tripod with ball head, and some extra memory cards, batteries, filters, sunglasses, etc. It would be really nice if it had a zippered section against my body in which I could keep my passport/wallet. Some water resistance and 'street safe" styling/labeling would be nice as well.

As a student with all the expenses associated with studying abroad, I would like the most economical solution, while still being a bag that I will feel comfortable carrying around thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

So far the least expensive bag that I have found that looks like it will meet all of my desires is the Thinktank Retrospective 20. It looks like a great bag and should last for years to come, but at $170 it is certainly not the most economical bag on the market.

Does anyone know of any other bags that are designed to accommodate the equipment that I am looking to carry in a sleek, fashionable, and functional design for less than $170?

Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back