Messin' With the Teals

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know the quality, etc. is crap so that's why I put it under, "Just For Fun", but here's a few shots of what looks like a purple grackle messing with a mallard duck. My first time seeing this.

11142143-f studio (2) rz.jpg

11142145-f studio (2) rz.jpg

11142146-f studio (3) rz.jpg

Nice catch. I wonder what the mallard did to the poor grackle?

Interesting but not up to your normal high standards....;)

I might be wrong but I don't think that's a Mallard. Teal (Possibly blue winged). What do you reckon?

Nice catch. I wonder what the mallard did to the poor grackle?

Good question, bird politics perhaps, we'll never know.

Interesting but not up to your normal high standards....;)

Thanks and agreed.

I might be wrong but I don't think that's a Mallard. Teal (Possibly blue winged). What do you reckon?

Animals confuse me. Now that I researched teals it looks like it is one, an eclipse drake it appears. (I could still be wrong, I give up) Take a look at the link and tell me what you think.
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service - Migratory Bird Program | Conserving America's Birds

Yeah, it looks along that lines.

Never seen a blue winged teal so that’s cool. And I’ve never seen any duck getharassed like that.

They don't look like Mallards to me. You might want to stick to shooting Herons... just kidding!

Thanks a lot, oh great, mighty "Sausage Finger King." I am your loyal subject and true follow and will bend the knee for thee. :biglaugh:

Thanks a lot, oh great, mighty "Sausage Finger King." I am your loyal subject and true follow and will bend the knee for thee. :biglaugh:

Yeah, you seem like the kinda boy that would take a knee.:rolleyes::mad:;)

Most reactions

Back