Messing with off camera flash(8 photos)

Fedaykin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hebercollphotography.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the first time that is. Shot with some donated lighting gear(from my Brother-in-Law) and my recently bough Lumopro LP160 flash.

The following five shots where taken with a cheap monolight in a softbox camera left and flash through umbrella camera right for fill.

1.My boy:
5000662822_9df86038ec_b_d.jpg

2.My niece, Emma:
5000003051_ea8a899822_b_d.jpg

3.With her grandma:
5000596244_52c56e6e61_b_d.jpg

5000596240_b4d9a446ec_b_d.jpg

5. Everyone is envious of her eyes.
4999984641_4b7d79e65a_b_d.jpg

6.Would you guess there was a mirror behind him/it? Bare flash at 1/64
5000556206_ffba638e3c_b_d.jpg

7.Flash through umbrella camera right, white reflector left:
5000556202_30fe257e84_b_d.jpg

8.Found this sucker in my closet. Flash through umbrella camera right about two feet from subject, white balance card just off the left of the frame used as reflector. Shadow due to the light reflected from the mirror:
5000556194_63a45b9c89_b_d.jpg

C&C welcome as always. This was literally messing around though. Will do some real lighting practice soon :) Thanks for looking! More at my Flickr if interested.

I'm at the same phase you are at... just got me a couple 160's and am learning. Really enjoying it too. If you were filling on the first pics... I don't see it. Are you sure it fired?

I like them for the most part. Nice lighting with very little high light blow out. Great skin tones, too, imo.

It seems that there is a few of us playing with off camera flash. Fun at times and a pain at times.

I'm at the same phase you are at... just got me a couple 160's and am learning. Really enjoying it too. If you were filling on the first pics... I don't see it. Are you sure it fired?

Perhaps. I gotta get new white umbrella too, the one I used had a lot of faded spots so the light wasn't getting properly diffused, I think that's what happened.

I like them for the most part. Nice lighting with very little high light blow out. Great skin tones, too, imo.

Thanks.

So what was #8?

Dead lizard.

It seems that there is a few of us playing with off camera flash. Fun at times and a pain at times.

I quite enjoyed it :)

Sucks that the monolight doesn't have stop adjustments, just a knob from low to high T_T. And the two smaller ones I also got are not adjustable in output at all. Will have to do for now I guess. As soon as I can I gotta get some of those cheap Flashpoint(Adorama) monolights or something. Would love to get some Alienbees, but can't afford them. Will probably get another LP160 too. Or possibly a used 430 EX or something for shooting weddings(AF assist beam is a godsend for receptions.)

Most reactions

Back