Metal Print Storage

Sarah Allyn Photo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For those with a decent metal print inventory, how do you store them (other than hanging them on the wall)? This could also go for multiple framed prints.
Perhaps a drying rack of sorts? I would rather not carefully pile them in a closet.
Thanks for the input!

You should lay them flat or on the long side to keep them from warping. I would keep them like I did my paintings when I lived in a apartment. I kept them in a box, (TV flat screen box) with craft paper in between each work, and under the bed. When I had my studio, I had large bins with drawers for storing paper, canvas, etc so it was easier. The bins are very expensive, you see them in art or craft stores. You can buy them online if you have the room for such a thing.

You should lay them flat or on the long side to keep them from warping. I would keep them like I did my paintings when I lived in a apartment. I kept them in a box, (TV flat screen box) with craft paper in between each work, and under the bed. When I had my studio, I had large bins with drawers for storing paper, canvas, etc so it was easier. The bins are very expensive, you see them in art or craft stores. You can buy them online if you have the room for such a thing.

Thanks for sharing; I'll have to take a deeper look for those bins.
More specifically I'm trying to find storage that is aesthetically pleasing in my office.

More specifically I'm trying to find storage that is aesthetically pleasing in my office.
What your looking for is flat file cabinets, that is the technical term for them. I think mine were like $1500 ea. and that was a long time ago, I bought 4 of them and stacked them. If I recall they held 42 x 30 inch prints. They had 10 drawers. You can also buy print racks which are cheaper but probably not fashionable.

Cheap Joe's Art Supplies has a lot of storage solutions. IKEA may have some solutions as well.

What your looking for is flat file cabinets, that is the technical term for them. I think mine were like $1500 ea. and that was a long time ago, I bought 4 of them and stacked them. If I recall they held 42 x 30 inch prints. They had 10 drawers. You can also buy print racks which are cheaper but probably not fashionable.

Cheap Joe's Art Supplies has a lot of storage solutions. IKEA may have some solutions as well.

We're a little limited with stores/what can get shipped up here but thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back