Meteor Showers Tonight

airgunr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, not quite a location except UP........

Tonight should be the night for the annual Persiads (sp?) meteor showers.

All you night owls should get your cameras out and set them on bulb for a couple of hours. You'll get star trails at least and possibly metors trails! I think the best time is between 2am - 4am but check an astronomy site to make sure in your area.

I'm hoping to get something but it's raining an over cast here so I'm not too optimistic right now for me. I hope some of you can get them and post your results.

Oooooooooo! Thanks for the tip. I'm going to be up late and it's clear here. I'll try and grab the tripod and see what I can see...

It's happening again. Best time to see will be August 11-12 after midnight. Some place dark is best, and not your back yard (unless to live in the sticks). Try to get away from as much surrounding light as possible, especially city lights. A park is good if you can find one to sneak into after hours.:fangs: Not that I encourage that type of activity, just a suggestion. Good luck!

so i looked out of the window at about 2:30 ish and there were meteors flying all over the sky, there were millions.
so i grabbed my tripod and camera, went outside and set up, then all of a suddon they just stoped. apparantly tonight and tomorow are ment to be the best nights so im gonna walk up to the church and get some pics :)

I heard about this on the radio this morning.... i live not to far away from "the hills" where there are no lights... so could be a good place to go... only problem is the weather - it's meant to clear up at 6ish - but still be a bit cloudy.... plus, I dont have a remote shutter cord for my camera yet!! D'oh!

Figures, we've had a drought all summer, no rains for months. What happens last night? Thunder Storms and rain! Maybe tonight.......

Went out last night, counted 30 of them...took some shots, but it was so cloudy the meteors didn't turn out well...however I did get about 2 shots that are semi decent for my first try...I may set the tripod up again tonight and see what happens...hopefully it will be a bit more clear.

Ya know, sometime...just sometimes, mind ya...havin' such long summer days in Alaska is a distinct disadvantage.

Thats a lot of wishes!

Just got back in from watching the show! What an awsome sight! I lost count after 24 and that was ages ago! Quite a few big ones as well lighting a trail all the way over the sky! And loads of satellites and the ISS!
I put the camera away at about midnight here just as the clouds settled in but the stars and meteors are still visible!:D

Anyone out there watching these tonight good luck & I hope you have fun!

Most reactions

Back