Mew Member

Big Baller Digital

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First I just want to say "Hello" to everyone. I have lurked for a few days and decide to join the crowd. I belong to many performance boating forums and have shyed (sp?) away from them due to the high "Drama" associated (lately) in those forums. I have NOT seen any drama to speak of in this forum and I have read alot of GREAT advise from quite a few peeps. Kudo's to the members of this board and I look forward to educating myself with the vast knowledge you all have to offer me. I have noticed that many of you are photographers of landscape & portrait/studio style photography. I have yet to read about any of yourselves doing event photography, such as community sports/events, corp events, class reunions, etc. What is your opinion on shooting these events? Your 0.02 is welcome.

FYI, before any of you look at my web site just alittle info. I work fulltime+ in int'l sales of IC components (wholesale) and photography is a part=time hobby (turning into a fulltime job...lol) I like many of you love to "Capture the Moment" on print.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for compliments on our little forum. We try hard to keep things civil and friendly around here...and I think it pays off.

There are several working pro photographers around here, a lot of then are not too active sometimes though.

One more thing, could you please resize the first image in your signature. Our rule is 70 pixels high (I think). This is just to keep the threads easy to read. Thanks.

Big Mike said:
One more thing, could you please resize the first image in your signature. Our rule is 70 pixels high (I think). This is just to keep the threads easy to read. Thanks.

I will have to work on that size issue. I think this will work for now:mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum.
First, a little shameless self promotion never hurts...as long as its in good taste.

Seriously, ask away. There is soooooo much knowledge on this forum it amazes me. Many of us have 'real' jobs, and the pros who are doing photography full time are wonderful in their advice. Have fun with it.

To reiterate what Mike said, we do try to keep things pretty civil around here, and I can also contest to the sharpness of other forums. Enjoy, and don't be afraid to post, post post.

P.S. Kudos to you and your sons, and everyone who serves!

Heya, Big Baller, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Thanks for your introduction, I am sure you will like it here, we do our best to maintain the friendly community atmosphere round here, despite the high and ever growing number of members, and it seems to work fine.

There are a few round here who do events (if only occasionally) such as school events, sports etc., "TheFinisher" has done a series of a "homecoming" (and I still don't understand who comes home from where, me being German :roll: :lol: ), "Lensmeister" does a lot of football (i.e. soccer since he's in Britain) ... those are the first two to spring to mind. Some do concert photography, too ... look around and you will stumble across threads on your primary field of (photographic) interest, too :D.

Have fun!

(Ah, and maximum pic-sig height is 60 px, Mike ;) ;) ;) )

Welcome aboard. This forum is certainly free of personal attacks and that can't be said for all the photography forums (fora?) It is obviously well managed.

I was a commercial photographer a few years ago and used to shoot company events on an almost daily schedule. What did I think of it? I could bill the time and materials just like I could for advertising shoots. It worked for me.

Hey there and welcome, I too found this site to be helpful and very informative. I kind of relocated here from another photo site where sarcasm and nasty were the tone of the day (everyday) you'll find the folks here to be helpful and informative and always willing to answer a post to help a guy out. This is the right place, I like this forum alot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back