Mexican Sunset

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken from a boat. Comments appreciated!

Mex_sunset.png

great capture!
I would have liked to see 2/3 sky...but it's ok...not always thinking of that when you're there...
It redeems itself because the water is so crisp and good looking.

Very nice. Another 5 minutes to get the sun touching the horizon, and as was noted, 65-80% sky instead of half-&-half would've made the difference.

Hmm.. Thank you all for your comments so far. To tell you all the truth this photo was taken by my dad, who has little photography experience (ie. he shot this in 'landscape mode'). I just did all the post processing.

Anyways I think I liked the foreground water he was able to achieve by having the horizon line 50/50, if he pointed the camera up more it seemed like he would have missed out on some of that foreground water. (I also think a crop of this picture was out of the question, as I didn't want to lose the water or lose some of the sky). So I guess this shot will have to live with a 50/50 horizon. :wink:

Keep the comments coming please!

Looks great to me. Some things are the way they are.

its gorgeous!

I like the composition, and the colors are great.

I like the composition, and the colors are great.
You can thank my dad for the composition! He did a pretty good job with that aspect. I think I deserve some of the credit for the colors though, my post-processing seemed to make them pop. :)

Thank you guys for the comments, it really makes my day!
jumping0051.gif

my mum takes some very good photos as well.. without knowing anything about photography ... so this is not an unknown phenomenon ;)

my mum takes some very good photos as well.. without knowing anything about photography ... so this is not an unknown phenomenon ;)
Yup. Some people have the 'eye' to be a photographer, they just never really got into it much. I hope I can help my dad get into it, he has potential!

Yup. Some people have the 'eye' to be a photographer, they just never really got into it much. I hope I can help my dad get into it, he has potential!

my dad is a bit into it ... which is nice ... he is the most harsh critic to my photos ever!

but he is also into computers, but a total disaster at it ... which is terrible because I have to get things back in order after he messed them up on the computer ;)

my dad is a bit into it ... which is nice ... he is the most harsh critic to my photos ever!

but he is also into computers, but a total disaster at it ... which is terrible because I have to get things back in order after he messed them up on the computer ;)

Hahaha, that stinks. I hope he didn't erase your photos! :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back