Meysha?

Alexandra said:
if war is art, peace is its masterpiece.
...oh god, and it rhymes :er:

but it sure sucks. To stick with the Troy story: all started because one man was weak and cowardly and i still don't get who were "the good ones" in there. I guess there were none.

(then again orwell has an interesting point on war, but i don't wana get into this cause we know war is bad.)

Hmm...I either read a different book...or I only read the beggining which is basically how to fight a war...still sucks.

Isaac Asimov's a good author, thinking of getting his book on religion...

you might have read the same book (1984?)... the real thing is all in the third part... but i admit it's a challenge to get there cause the book is kinda depressing. (some will hate me for recommending it over and over again, but try "brave new world" (by Huxley))

as for asimov, i confess i never read any of his stuff... guess that makes me extremly uncultured... but now I just feeling like reading something light and funny.
But if you have any suggestions of his books i should read, i'd be glad :D

Alexandra said:
you might have read the same book (1984?)... the real thing is all in the third part... but i admit it's a challenge to get there cause the book is kinda depressing. (some will hate me for recommending it over and over again, but try "brave new world" (by Huxley))

as for asimov, i confess i never read any of his stuff... guess that makes me extremly uncultured... but now I just feeling like reading something light and funny.
But if you have any suggestions of his books i should read, i'd be glad :D

Uncultured, on the contrary my dear girl, your a lot more booky than me...

and are you very booky? :lol:

...actually i read only when i have time to kill or nothing serious to think about. the rest of the time, i rather live my life than read upon someone else's

Aye thats a fair point, I like books myself...im going through a part of my life though where im trying to perfect myself...make myself more interesting.
Thus ive read all the books like catch 22, hitchikers guide etc...

oh yeah, i'm that phase too... as a result, i started to find my friends boring :(
but still, i think it's one of the more interesting phases of my life... (so far, cause i'm 15, lol)

oh wow... it's 2 pages now!
gimme 5, spammers :D

okay, so just to sound like i have something to say: i started orwell's animal farm today. Still at page 4 so i can't comment yet.

ahem, back on topic: where's meysha? 24 hours and still no news. i'm worried.

wow.... 2 pages of spam... you guys must really miss me :mrgreen:

hehe. Yep Xmetal's right. I moved down to Brisbane about 2 weeks ago now and have moved in with my boyfriend! yay! We didn't have the internet for a few days... and the phone got disconnected coz 'someone' forgot to pay the bill. Grrr. And then well... just busy social life including drinking lots, staying up late lots... and 'sleeping' in lots. :mrgreen:

Life will slowly return to normal now though as being a lady of leisure is starting to get boring and I'm looking for a job now. Yay!

oh and btw moving in with adrian is just about the best thing I've ever done! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oh... and if I can say so myself... I've got some kick ass photos of Brisbane!!! It was Bookfest the other day (that's a massive book fair thing for charity and they fill a huuuuuge hall with books, records and more books!!!)

But I won't be able to show any of them for a month or so until I get my pc hooked up to the internet... for now I have to use my stupid room mate's' stupid mac. grrr

Congrats on the successful move, Vicky! We've missed you round these parts. :hug:: Looking forward to seeing those Brisbane pics, too! :D

woooohooooooo! we brought her back!!!
...where's artemis? celebrating alone?

And i'm looking forward to these pics, meysha!

...does that mean the spamfest is over?

Alexandra said:
woooohooooooo! we brought her back!!!
...where's artemis? celebrating alone?

And i'm looking forward to these pics, meysha!

...does that mean the spamfest is over?

Yes
Im right here next to you

So am I

Never

oh yeah, you have a strong presence, i feel it. Are you the guy next door? sorry, took your newspaper the other day...
...yeah. i know. that was stupid.
but spam never dies, does it?

oh, btw: I started watching a really nice movie today but couldn't finish it. it's called "the experiment", actually the original version was in german, but i don't speak german (yet!), so i had to watch the american version. but it's an awesome movie so far.
It's about a bunch of people participating indeed in an experiment that consists in them being locked up in a simulated prison, some playing prisonneers and some playing wardens. and they have to do it really seriously and all...
so yeah, great movie. violence, psychological trauma... great.
Anybody seen it?

oh, it is, it is...
in terms of philo, i'd rather read the book if there was one cause i'm sure most of the theory would be more elaborate... but then again a movie is much more lively... so this is cool.

Most reactions

Back