MG Festival & Support @ Castle Combe on Saturday - My first visit!

Az_GTi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ae-photography.co.uk
Think my PC is now finally how I want it so things are back to normal now *touch wood*. Was at Castle Combe on Saturday, my first visit and was quite impressed. Very good viewing and easy access to different parts of the circuit. Nice selection of cars too. I think i'll be back soon.

Photography wise I was a little concerned about things getting a bit "samey" so tried a few different things to vary it up a bit.

Anyway here's a few compressed "forum friendly sized" photos...

#1 Approaching Camp
MG_Festival_and_Support_Castle_Combe_160906_AE_6557_Small.jpg

#2 Always love these visors
MG_Festival_and_Support_Castle_Combe_160906_AE_6709_Small.jpg

#3 Sideways into Quarry
MG_Festival_and_Support_Castle_Combe_160906_AE_6866_Small.jpg

#4 Mmmm very nice
MG_Festival_and_Support_Castle_Combe_160906_AE_7026_Small.jpg

#5 Slamming on the anchors, approaching Bobbies
MG_Festival_and_Support_Castle_Combe_160906_AE_7181_Small.jpg

#6 Racing line through Quarry
MG_Festival_and_Support_Castle_Combe_160906_AE_7289_Small.jpg

#7 Heavy braking into Quarry
MG_Festival_and_Support_Castle_Combe_160906_AE_7311_Small.jpg

#8 Kevin Mills has a lucky escape after this nasty crash
MG_Festival_and_Support_Castle_Combe_160906_AE_7455_Small.jpg

If you would like you can view more and larger versions here - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/160906.html (be patient it can take a few seconds to fully load)

Note: I was accredited for the day, shooting for FF1600.co.uk. A full race report (including some of my photos) will be found on the site soon...

As always comments/suggestions etc welcomed.

Cheers
:D

This photos are great espacially the #1 and the #6

Very Very Very nice Shots! Massive Props. Looks like a BA day at the track. Keep em coming!

Thanks deggimatt, they are both some of my attepted "different" shots. Sometimes things can get a bit samey so I thought it'd be good to try something other then the norm'.

Cheers

Hey, Az_GTi have you entered the track to shot the photo number 7? :)

#5 is my favorite, the Midget looks like it's hitting panic mode with the tape on the headlights giving an "I can't bear to look!" look to it.

They're all good pics, but I think B&W does sport photography a disservice. Racing is a very colorful sport, the pics should reflect that (it doesn't help that I'm just naturally biased against B&W photography in the first place).

Thanks guys :)

Yes Claff the driver in #5 did seem to "slam on the anchors" rather accessively. Left his braking to the very last second ;)

Interested in your opinion on B&W motorsport photography. Generally I would agree with you. I decided to use it in this instance because it was "classic" racing and I wanted something a bit different.

Cheers again.

Very nice I have to get out and about to some motorsport days to get some pics :)

Well I'm anti-B&W photography in the first place, not just for motorsports. I just think it's a crutch, a cheap way to turn a regular old photo into instant drama, and maybe a bit pretentious at the same time. But that's just me, judging from what's posted here I'm waaaaaaaaay in the minority and it certainly isn't the first time that's happened to me.

Most reactions

Back