Michigan Road Trip...A Dozen

Really enjoyed … those really represent the UP well. Nice images. Memories of my childhood, and similar photo excursions. Being from MN, I tend to gravitate to the Northshore vs Southshore. Some nice color this year, but I got up to Lutsen and the 9 parks along the shore a bit late. Here are a few samples. And some serious fog. Looking forward to your S. Dakota shots. Jim
Thank you…you experienced better color…and I love fog!

Glenn

Those are great photos of the UP! I like Iroquois Point because you can move a few feet left or right and get a completely different perspective using the stone wall as a reference point.

The lighthouse at Whitefish Point, while not "traditional" is a study in practical architecture. I did a number of photos of this lighthouse from the shoreline including some interesting driftwood.

Ah, the Au Sable Lighthouse! I, too, thought I had to trek several miles to get there. However, a couple of fishermen at a creek outlet to Lake Superior, told me about a shortcut, and I took it. It's only about a 1/2 mile from the creek, but well-hidden. You exit the trail on the left side of the lighthouse. You can get a couple of great perspectives from the right side of the lighthouse.

While a bit late, if you get back to the Marquette area, there's a lighthouse/BnB at Big Bay de Noc. The scene out to Lake Superior is stunning, especially at sunset.

Thanks for the tour, and good luck in South Dakota!
Thank you…and thanks for the tips. Maybe I will make it back to the UP and hopefully experience some Fall colors next time.

Glenn

very nice ! thanks for sharing

Lovely set- the Duck is a Muscovy duck by the way :)

Les

Fall colors in the rain are some of my favorite shots, especially if you can add in some low clouds and mist. And the plus is less people out there.
I am kind of surprised because Northern Wisconsin had colors. Did you go all the way around the lake, I don’t see any Wisconsin photos?

really nice group and a very good effort to get to some interesting spots that I will never see, but wish I could. 😃

very nice ! thanks for sharing
Thank you
Lovely set- the Duck is a Muscovy duck by the way :)

Les
Thanks Les... I appreciate the duck identification, too.

I am kind of surprised because Northern Wisconsin had colors. Did you go all the way around the lake, I don’t see any Wisconsin photos?

really nice group and a very good effort to get to some interesting spots that I will never see, but wish I could. 😃
Thanks...I drove north through Wisconsin, but my first stop was Bond Falls in Michigan. From there, I worked my way around the rest of Lake Michigan.

Glenn

Most reactions

Back