Micro 4/3 camera...buying one or own one?

• Yes, I own a M4/3

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No I don't own one... but I would like to buy one.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • No plans to buy one

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Panasonic G1 - purchased used body only with no lenses + M, M42, and K adapters out of sheer curiosity and the low bidding price on ebay.

Olympus E-PL1 + VF2 viewfinder - My first dive into the system. I've always liked Lumix quality but switched to Olympus for Inbody IS. Good all arounder... slow AF. Still use it a lot. IQ is very good at low ISOs. E-PL1 + M adapter are often just thrown into my bag as something extra

Olympus OMD EM-5 - First "real" serious contender that was convincing.

There are many compelling lenses availabling for this system now. I went on a spending recently for used lenses...

Panasonic 14mm f/2.5
Panasonic 20mm f/1.7
Olympus 45mm f/1.8 (ok this one was purchased new)
Olympus 9-18mm
Panasonic 45-200mm
Pansonic 100-300mm

Plus the kit lenses from the E-PL1 and OMD.

PS>... subforum? ... .. smile...

ann, between you, Village Idiot and Gary (Seefutlung), I'm starting to get the OMD itch.

you should satisfy that itch... recent posts to that EVIL thread are all from the OMD. My first real use of the camera. I just hate that I can't find a spare battery for it due to a shortage.

Yep had given up my nikon system due to weight and medical situation with my grip and fingers. And went with a G1 at the time as wanted and needed a viewfinder. Don't know how people can even see the lcd screen in sunlight. But only gave it a month and wasn't for me.

With a 20mm f1.7 pancake

Heading Home,Kick Back for some Tunes by Orbmiser, on Flickr

with the 14-45 kit lens

Sun Glow Branch by Orbmiser, on Flickr

But a few things made it unacceptable for my use. EVF just gave me headaches. 2x crop was a tad annoying and ultra-wide lenses cost and arm and leg. And really to noisy above 400 iso use.

But that was a couple of years ago. Am waiting and seeing the strides and improvements they are making every year. And maybe at some point will give it another go.

I have the Oly E-PL1. Great learning tool!

11 people voted that they have a micro 4/3.....

stil no subforum for Mirrorless?

Pentax forum is over 1 year old and has what? 21 threads... I bet I can dig up more than 21 threads where mirrorless/micro 4/3 was discussed and debated

.. Just sayin...

Got a E-PL1 on the cheap earlier this summer, and picked up a used Panasonic kit lens and a M42 adapter(although it's too short and throws off the focus scale, need to find a better one, Maybe Ill ask in the Mirrorless subforum. Great quality and features for the price. Great camera to take rock climbing. Cheap, small, light, and good image quality, plus video.

I want that panny 20mm. Too expensive right now unfortunately.

Digital 35mm is the only format I'm interested in right now.

Maybe in a few years, after I'm all Mr. Moneybags, I'll get into MF. I'll never be interested in M4/3.

All you people with your OM-D's...

I hate you...

If so, which one!

Let's see.. own one.. umm, nope. Buying one? Umm.. nope.

I can see where some folks might like that sort of thing for the portability, but a micro 4/3'rds just really wouldn't be of much interest to me personally.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back