Micro 4/3 is growing.

I checked the sale at B&H is for a Sony mount. I wasn't aware that that mount would also work on an OMD

Thanks everyone, I have the 75 1.8 , need a bit more reach , maybe I should check out the 35-100 as I shouldn't need much more.

Ron, thanks for the samples, I will have to give that a closer look.

I really would like fixed fstop lens and sell off the variables.

I paid $220 + taxes locally for mine & now B&H are selling both 19 & 30mm together for $200. I would like the 30mm @ $100 but am not going to buy the two to get it & end up with an extra 19mm.

I'd be interested by the 19mm... maybe we can share the purchase? Just a thought!

That sounds like a plan. I could place the order & then mail you the 19mm when it arrives. You would be responsible for half what it costs landed here, plus shipping @ cost from me to you. If you agree to this, please send me an e-mail confirming including your name & mailing address.

Thanks Ron, for that price it might be fun just to give them a try, especially with 2.8 lens

I paid $220 + taxes locally for mine & now B&H are selling both 19 & 30mm together for $200. I would like the 30mm @ $100 but am not going to buy the two to get it & end up with an extra 19mm.

I'd be interested by the 19mm... maybe we can share the purchase? Just a thought!

That sounds like a plan. I could place the order & then mail you the 19mm when it arrives. You would be responsible for half what it costs landed here, plus shipping @ cost from me to you. If you agree to this, please send me an e-mail confirming including your name & mailing address.

Thanks for the confidence!. Though, I looked at what I really need and the 30mm looks more interesting to me. Too bad, that would have been a nice exchange of services between forum member. But I'm sure that you'll be able to sell it at no loss on ebay or other means of selling lenses.

If, by any luck, I change my mind, I'll let you know.

Strange, I saw that as well, oh well. Another day late and a dollar short :sexywink:

Ron, what camera are you using that lens on? I checked with Adorma to see if it would work with auto focus and priority modes but got the standard answer, works on most 4/3 cameras, which wasn't the question.

Am not opposed to full manual but thought it would be nice to have a heads up.

I am using a Em5.

Ron, what camera are you using that lens on? I checked with Adorma to see if it would work with auto focus and priority modes but got the standard answer, works on most 4/3 cameras, which wasn't the question.

Am not opposed to full manual but thought it would be nice to have a heads up.

I am using a Em5.

Assuming you are asking about the Sigma 19 or 30/2.8, they act the same as a native Oly or Pana lens on µ4/3 cameras. I am using both Pana G1, GF1 & Oly E-M5. The only thing you will note of difference is that the cameras take longer to wake up with these lenses. The 19 is very fast to focus & is also sharp in the centre wide open.

Thanks, that was my assumption, but then you know what they say about doing that;)

I spent the weekend up in Seoul with my D7000 and a bag full of 2.8 zoom lenses, a fisheye, and my heavy Slik tripod. I got back yesterday.

Last night...OM-D ordered. I have a silver one with 12-50 lens, Panasonic 25 1.4, and an Olympus 40-150 zoom on the way. Now the hard part will be to resist the temptation to expand the system any further, but I don't think I will other than maybe nabbing some cheap old lenses for adapted use.

Am I getting rid of my Nikon? No, absolutely not. But it'll be very nice to have a second system that's small and portable.

Most reactions

Back