micro lenses

panocho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone could tell me how Micro lenses (Macro, if not Nikon) perform?
Sorry for my ignorant question, but I was wondering to what degree these lenses can be used appart from their micro functions.
In particular, I ask about those 1:1. I never had one on my hands, so I have no idea how this affects when you want to take a photo of something other than your nail.

I used to use a 105 micro as an everyday lens. Absolutely tack sharp. Wish I still had it.

KevinR said:
I used to use a 105 micro as an everyday lens. Absolutely tack sharp. Wish I still had it.

but then, how does the aperture behave? doesn't it need to continually stop down? doesn't this become a pain when it has to be done in every single shot?

as far as I know, micro photography requires to stop down the aperture, so if you use a micro lens as a normal lens, what happens to this? will the camera automatically stop down the aperture having a micro lens mounted? how can you focus when the image in the viewfinder comes throug a f22?

sorry, but as you read, I really have no idea about how using these lenses, hence my stupid questions :blushing:

Micro-Nikkors (for Nikon) have automatic diaphrams and focus/meter at full open aperture. In other words, they behave EXACTLY the same as normal lenses.

Mike

Macro lenses simply have a closer minimum focus distance than a standard lens. So you CAN get your lens closer than a standard lens can.

Most reactions

Back