Micro... macro...

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
fau_041b_male.jpg

an old photo taken with Zenit. I don't remember the film but it gave a weir effect of quasi-sepia.

I want to submit this photo on the contest... the topic is Micro-macro... and this is my interpretation.
my question is: is it good technically? And is the topic visible? metaphorical?

Mentos, my interpretation of Micro-Macro is that it is the extreme end of macro pohotgraphy, almost like the guys were getting with reveresed lenses. Like the hairs on the legs of a bug.

I really like the shot though, WD.

Azuth said:
Mentos, my interpretation of Micro-Macro is that it is the extreme end of macro pohotgraphy, almost like the guys were getting with reveresed lenses. Like the hairs on the legs of a bug.

I really like the shot though, WD.

I know that the first assosiation with micro- macro is a very biiiiig zoom to sth... but on the other hand... there are expressions like... macro-economy, and it means an economy of the whole country... while microeconomy is an economy of family or small business... so something big and something small... or maybe... something bigger and something smaller... I wanted to be original... no... metaphorical

This is a great shot mentos, I really like it. A few things that I would critique would be to make sure the edges of the tunnel are equal distances from the edge of the picture. There is still some detail on the 'macro' person, if you could turn that all black it would be better. Also consider cropping out the lighter part of the bottom.

Azuth said:

I agree. This is probably more what they are looking for:
http://www.nzmacro.50megs.com/

I think this a great picture. :thumbup: :thumbup:

digital flower pictures said:
I agree. This is probably more what they are looking for:
http://www.nzmacro.50megs.com/

I think this a great picture. :thumbup: :thumbup:

wow great pics there! I know that it will be the most obvious to submit flowers close-up and so on... but I was just looking for something metaphorical

mentos_007 said:
I was just looking for something metaphorical

mentos, in my experience, and others here may have had different ones, if you need to explain anything about your photo to the judges/critics your in trouble. Please post if you do enter it and what happens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back