Andraste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aghostpage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

This is an old photo that I really never did anything with till recently. I forgot I had it lol. I messed around with it a little and came up with this, let me know what you think ^^ Picture of a Church in Downtown Morris, IL.

MidnightChurch.jpg

Thanks for lookin' ^^​

Next time if you shot try a high f/stop. The light will have a very nice star effect...
Cosmo

very noisy. you should use a tripod for night shots that way you dont have to bump up your ISO and you can experiment with different exposures.

Well, I don't know what it was like before you started to work on it.
But the one thing that I deplore is the fact that you took this night photo with a wide open aperture. So the street light became this big bright blob. Noise brought about by high ISO settings can still be dealt with by using NeatImage or something similar, but a wide open aperture cannot be changed into anything else in pp, I'm afraid.

If that church is still there (which I am sure it is), and if nighttime still comes (which I think it does at very regular intervals :wink: ), then I would suggest you try a re-shoot with the camera on tripod and an aperture of f11 or less. And since you'll be having the camera on that tripod then, anyway, you can leave the ISO at its lowest setting, put the camera on timer, have it take its 6 - 15 seconds (whatever) exposure all by itself and ... voilà. :D

Most reactions

Back