Midnight Dreaming - Milky Way Reflections

This is really amazing.

I've got a D750- does that mean I could do this?!

Would you care to share your process and settings for this photo?

This is really amazing.

I've got a D750- does that mean I could do this?!

Would you care to share your process and settings for this photo?

Yea man, the D750 has incredible dynamic range, but you need a fast lens, at least 2.8, and WIDE. I am shooting with a 20mm f/1.8, here is the process:

-camera settings: manual focus/exposure, f/1.8, 30 second shutter, 3200 ISO
-For the pano, you need a stable tripod, and a leveling base
-I have a L-bracket so it's easy to level the vertical position
-take the panos from left to right, overlapping about 30% of each frame
-stitch in your favorite software, and then EDIT THE HECK OUT OF IT!

Haha, I like that! Any recommendations (links) for a leveling base?

I haven't done a lot of panoramas. But the rest of that stuff makes sense. I may have to invest in a wide-angle! I've got my 50mm f/1.8 prime but that's the best I've got.

I haven't done a lot of panoramas. But the rest of that stuff makes sense. I may have to invest in a wide-angle! I've got my 50mm f/1.8 prime but that's the best I've got.

Yea! I've tried a couple, but really like this one I recently got. It's a GREAT deal! https://www.amazon.com/Marsace-YH-1...0692637&sr=8-1&keywords=leveling+base+marsace

Also, i've heard the Rokinon/Samyang 14mm f/2.8 is a great astro lens with little coma. I personally like faster than 2.8, but it can work with high ISO.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Yea! I've tried a couple, but really like this one I recently got. It's a GREAT deal! Amazon.com : Marsace YH-1 Half Ball Leveling Base for Tripod : Camera & Photo

Also, i've heard the Rokinon/Samyang 14mm f/2.8 is a great astro lens with little coma. I personally like faster than 2.8, but it can work with high ISO.

Haha, time to save up $$$ ;)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back