Might as well get an opinion

JonesGal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok guys here goes... tell me what you think

suspiciouslook.jpg

if it doesn't show up it's also here...
http://public.fotki.com/JonesGal/picturesbyajonesgirl/suspicious_look.html

Lots of people have told they don't like it... but for some unknown reason it's one of my favorite shots.. what do you think?

well, i've seen this sort of thing before...often as a matter of fact. A BIG RED "X" IN A WHITE BOX! :wink:

hmm hard to say what I think because I feel nothing when I'm looking at it. For one reason it is very interesting - it looks simmilar to all those posters in the underground or like a girl from the video clip, you know, drugs around, empty bottles and so on (I don't want to be offensive! but the light makes me feel like that! So please don't feel ofended!)

it's a beautifully placed x, though.

*edit: i can now see it. had to hit refresh about a dozen times.

i am highly distracted by the colors in the urc (upper right corner) and my eyes are in want of some detail in the hair.

the dof looks good and i do like the emotionless feel about her.

I get a little blue box with a white '?' in the middle. I suppose different people see different things in it.

I don't really like it.. I think there's a mannish feel to it.. I guess if thats what you're going for, but I had to look twice to see if it was a female or a male. :lol:

well I tried listing it through my fotki account but I'm not sure that's working either.. really apologize guys if you can't see it.. I tried.

For those who can't see it, copy and paste the image url into your browser. That worked for me. Then it showed up in the thread.

As for a critique: I liked the angle, but also thought the hair was a bit dark. It's also very grainy - I'm assuming that was intentional? I'm more a fan of crisper photos.

Then again I take 90% photos of tall buildings, what do I know :)

I love it. It has enough detail and I think the graininess adds style. The DOF and colors add 'pop' to the subject. The tinted blue white balance matches with the melancholy expression. Overall has an uniqueness to it which i like.

Most reactions

Back