Migrating to a Mac (and Lightroom 3)

My question is how much do you NEED a laptop?

I ask due to having had a few macbooks over the last 8 years, the only reason I've had to replace them is due to them getting stolen.
But my iMac has never been touched, I guess it's too big to steal?

Anyway, if you DON'T need a laptop, consider the iMac, we just got a new i5, and man does it chew through editing like nothing, also the 27" screen is amazing.

I ask due to having had a few macbooks over the last 8 years, the only reason I've had to replace them is due to them getting stolen.

Anyway, if you DON'T need a laptop, consider the iMac, we just got a new i5, and man does it chew through editing like nothing, also the 27" screen is amazing.

A self built PC with OSX on it is probably the cheapest and fastest option. It can be a pain thought, especially if you don't know your way around computers.

I have a 13 inch MBP and I don't know why you would want anything smaller. Also the low end MBP is cheaper by $100 over the Air. I got a external display for my MBP to do editing on.

A self built PC with OSX on it is probably the cheapest and fastest option. It can be a pain thought, especially if you don't know your way around computers.

My brother keeps saying the same thing but, and this is just me and my luck, I've yet to have a home built comp last as long and as well as my current iMac (over 4 years now and still fast) That and the warranty is worth it to me.

As well as having this lovely new 27" monitor and the computer inside it, I can't do that self built

My brother keeps saying the same thing but, and this is just me and my luck, I've yet to have a home built comp last as long and as well as my current iMac (over 4 years now and still fast) That and the warranty is worth it to me.

As well as having this lovely new 27" monitor and the computer inside it, I can't do that self built

My computer is over 2 years old with an OC'ed i7-920 that's running at 3.8ghz and running very cool with the large heatsink and fan on the CPU.

I really like my 30" HP though. I just couldn't get down with a smaller monitor setup or with using two monitors. The only time dual monitors worked for me was when I was doing music production/recording with Logic.

Most reactions

Back