Milky Way Over the Lake

mountainjunkie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a short trip to Keystone/lake Dillon yesterday. Packed the camera “just in case” as we were staying in town and due to other commitments I didn’t expect to put much time I to shooting. After we got back to the hotel I walked down to the lake nearby and surprisingly could see the Milky Way with the naked eye despite the light pollution.

The empty dock made for a nice composition imo. I think I may go back in and try to remove the very bright light in the background completely...tried to darken it but it’s still too much I think. Any other C&C welcome.
50339575282_1e7fdb5505_o.jpg

Wonderful! Mind if I take a stab at an edit and repost?

Wow can't believe you got that much MW detail with all those lights in the way! Nicely done.

Is this what you meant by removing bright light?

edit.jpg

Applied some photoshop 'dehaze', moved the temp a bit towards cool, played a bit with darkening blacks and lifting whites. Obviously, used clone tool and repair tool to tamp out the really bright light. Oh, upped clarity and texture a bit too.

View attachment 197479

Applied some photoshop 'dehaze', moved the temp a bit towards cool, played a bit with darkening blacks and lifting whites. Obviously, used clone tool and repair tool to tamp out the really bright light. Oh, upped clarity and texture a bit too.

Thanks for taking the time. Yes that light you removed was the one I was talking about. I did some dehazing and similar edits you mentioned in camera raw before finishing in PS. I stopped a little short though as the edges were getting too dark...then I ended up cropping them out some anyway so in hindsight I should have revisited. Thanks again for the input.

View attachment 197479

Thanks for taking the time. Yes that light you removed was the one I was talking about. I did some dehazing and similar edits you mentioned in camera raw before finishing in PS. I stopped a little short though as the edges were getting too dark...then I ended up cropping them out some anyway so in hindsight I should have revisited. Thanks again for the input.
It's hard to know when to stop processing sometimes, and I can certainly err on the side of going too far, so my stab at it was just an idea. Great image!!

Most reactions

Back