Mimosa Bloom

jaxx419

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've seen these along the roads and finally had a chance to pull over and get a few shots. Such a pretty bloom! The middle clusters remind me a little of dogwood. I love anything with a pink/green combo!

f/ 3.5
1/1600s
ISO 200

C&C welcome..

Thanks!

7173056758_b505db718f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Can I bump this? (( guess its too late anyway;))

Now that is a neat flower! I like your depth of field and exposure but the composition is making me go hmmmm.
It seems that the out of focus ones at the top draw my eye up and out and I don't get to enjoy the delicious details, perhaps a shorter crop to just above the green eliminating most of the ones that are out of focus will help keep the eye on the prize :)

Oh and are you sure you shot at 1/6000?

Thanks! I'll try a little different crop. I didn't want to leave too much on the bottom because those green leaves were pretty sharp and I thought it took focus off the flowers and I was trying to keep it a 5x7. I'll revisit the crop!

It was a little windy and those flowers were moving around pretty easily. I think that's the shutter speed that i grabbed when I was editing the raw tile but I'll double check.

Take the leaves being sharp back.. They aren't sharp, I hat found them distracting for some reason.

1/1600!! Threw this up quickly on my lunch break, 1/6000 isn't even possible with my camera. Thanks for catching that!!

I can't get a different crop to work where it cuts off the blurred flowers on top... I don't like long horizontal crops and don't want to cut off parts of the flowers that are in focus. Thanks for your suggestion though! I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back