Mini Dachsund Puppies for CC

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all!

Here are a couple of photos I am giving to my parents as their Xmas presents. I knew regardless of what you guys think they'll fall in love with them! BUT BUT BUT! I am always looking for furthur myself and wanna know what you guyst think!

1) Leo in color

[000062] by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
1/400, f 6.3, Iso 640 (yup back in the day of auto iso, I am NO Longer using auto iso)

There is something about this shot that bugs me. I dont know what it is. I feel like it could be better. I feel like the focus is good on his eyes. Maybe I should've downed my aperture to get ALL of Leo in focus. I do not like my Dad's sweatpants as the backdrop but o well it is what it is. I yelled at him to get out of the photo right after this picture but those pics Leo was focused on his sister Lili (not me). I won't be able to photograph these little guys til at least June of 2012 maybe not even til 2013.

2) Leo in black and white

[000016]-1 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
1/250, f5.6, iso250 (no more auto iso)

3) Lili in color

[000092] by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr

Thanks for everything yal tell me!!

The main issues I see with these images, aside from the points you've raised on your own are (1) that they are square on, face-only shots, and while the face is the most important thing, the rest of the dog is important too; the images would be much stronger if there were some 3/4 profiles which at least went as far back as his shoulder. Additionally, the positioning with respect to the light hurts the images; this has created a strong shadow on the right (image left) side of his face.

Yup I def agree with you. I had already thought those just didn't write it in my post lol. These guys were HARD to photograph! Quick little buggers I wish I had my parents go on the otherside of the house and the light would not have been that bad casting the shadows on their faces.

As far as composition goes... what do you mean by 3/4 profiles? This is kinda hard for me to describe so I'm just gonna put a photo up of what I think you mean.

Erika-20 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
Should I had tried to do something like this? and try to have had them look at me to get a better composition??

or did you mean by 3/4?

Erika-8 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
This has more of her body but it is straight on. Do you happen to have an example of what you mean?

Thank you so much for your input :)

I love the catchlights in their eyes but with the lighting coming from one side like that, it looks like their eyes are different colors. The third one looks a little oversaturated. The legs behind the first little guy are distracting. I do think that your parents will be thrilled with them though. I'm just nitpicking. =)

im nitpicky so it works hahahaha!! I dont know if you can really tell but the color of leo! you can literally see the sky and background (my parents house) in his eyes. I was trying to make them more non reflective it never did work so I just left it lol!

Yea I told Dad to get outta the way after that but none of those pics have Leo really looking at me. I miss those puppies so much!!! The joys of living 1200mi away from my parents :(

I agree with all the above comments. Except, I really love the reflection in the eyes, I think it works. Those original posts are a bit too shadowy for me. I really love the last photo you posted of the tan dachsund. I would get rid of the red leash in the upper left corner and crop it vertical.

I agree with all the above comments. Except, I really love the reflection in the eyes, I think it works. Those original posts are a bit too shadowy for me. I really love the last photo you posted of the tan dachsund. I would get rid of the red leash in the upper left corner and crop it vertical.

great minds think alike! Thats Mia my sisters pup :) leash is gone and pic blwn up for her xmas present! matted and framed :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back