Mini TT1, Flex TT5.... and Hasseblad?

PhotoWrangler

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.themodernmutt.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sooooo... I just picked up another Flex TT5, and an AC3 zone controller, which means I now have a full set up including 2xSB700's, 2xFlex TT5's, and 1xMini TT1. I know that that the PW's can do 800 feet of iTTL range, and 1200 feet of standard range.

I have a Satter hotshoe to PC sync block. If I stuck that on my Hasselblad 500cm and connected it via PC cable, stuck the TT1 on top of that, and the AC3 on top of that... Could I then use my SB700's in manual mode and control the power remotely? Hmmmm.....

Anyone know?

I wish I did.

Son, I don't understand a word you just said.

Son, I don't understand a word you just said.

Basically - Can my SB700's be controlled remotely if the Mini TT1 and the AC3 Zone controller are NOT on a Nikon body?

I think I'm going to email Pocket Wizard customer service today and ask. I don't want to blow anything up.

Yay yay!!!!!

Direct from PW's customer support...

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your inquiry. You can indeed use power control with remote Speedlites in this mode! You may notice a sync limitation, due to the longer packets that contain the flashe's power control information, but then again, with a leaf shutter, you may not notice it.

You'd need to place the MiniTT1 into an adapter that allows for a center pin sync out, such as one of the ones listed on this page: http://flashzebra.com/hotshoes-shoes/flash-hotshoes.shtml

I'd recommend one that has a miniphone jack, as it's a bit more secure than PC sync.

You'd connect your MiniTT1 into that adapter, and then run a cord from the adapter's plug to the PC sync port on your lens. When the Hasselblad sends a sync signal through it's PC sync port, it'll travel along the cord to the adapter and trigger your flashes.

You will need to use all the Zones in either Manual or Off, and the remote Speedlites must be in TTL mode on the back of the flash (as normal with AC3 operation.)

If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know - just reply to this email and keep the case number in the subject line.

Most reactions

Back