MiniDV tapes

digitalrightnow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I purchased a Digital Camcorder online(I have not received it yet), it takes DigitalDV tapes, I am not exactly certain how to use these tapes. I know that they go in my camcorder much the same as video cassettes go in a regular camcorder. However what I want to know is do these tapes act in the same way as my SD memory card does in my digital camera? Basically, I just use it to store my movies untill I am able to download them to my PC? Also, would anyone have any idea as to what type of battery this kind of camcorder will take?

The mini DV tapes are the same as regular video tapes but they record the video as digital data on the tape rather than the actual images themselves. It just makes for a better image quality. Your SD card saves the digital image data on a flash ROM device to be later accessed by your computer. Sort of similar in the respect that they're both saving digital data but the media and memory format is different. As for the battery, check out batteries.com to see what type of battery the thing takes and see if you can find it cheaper online somewhere. :D

So they are the same as SD cards to the regard that they'll store my video untill I am able to download it to my computer?

So the the movie stays on the tape until I erase it? So I can download to my computer and I guess I can erase it with the camcorder when I am finished?

Most reactions

Back