Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...Who uses it.

I find my self doing this a lot lately, I'll literally turn it directly to the point it stops and move the camera back and fourth to get it focused.

I am curious as to how often yall use the absolute minimum focusing distance of your lenses, especially the older manual primes.

i use it a lot actually
mostly because my kit lens has a minimum focusing distance of about half a foot and i like to get as close as i can on a lot of shots

When I shoot close up portraits (or just pictures of friends at dinner) I have to move back and forth. My 50mm has a pretty high minimum distance, the 35mm less so. Esp. when shooting wide open (the 50mm is f/1.0) the Depth of Field is so shallow that a centimeter is the difference between sharp eyes and sharp nostrils.

I call it "doing the woodpecker."

Battou are you becoming a macro junkie? No longer standing tall and now down on your knees like the rest of us! :D

Battou are you becoming a macro junkie? No longer standing tall and now down on your knees like the rest of us! :D

Bacomming what are you talking about..... :mrgreen: I've been at Macro for over a year

Anyways, When I do actual macro I stand tall...with a really long lens :lmao:

I use it a lot. Depends on the subject but probably a great portion of my shots. Same focusing technique, move forward and back (me r the tripod) until I get it. I try to use the tripod more when I do this.

This is where a focusing rail comes in handy. Set it at the MFD, and rack the rail back and forth to hit that magic focus.

i use it almost always with my 85/1.4, i don't think it counts though.. it's min distance is ~85cm.

definitely use it a lot more than infinite focus

Most reactions

New Topics

Back