Minolta film camera

Winona

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first 35mm camera. It’s in beautiful shape with 2 lenses. Am I going to ever want to try film again, or should I try to find a home for it? There are a bunch on the market. I am a beginner at digital. Personally can’t see myself getting into film, but I see threads about it which got me wondering if I was missing something.
Thanks.

Well, that is up to you. You state, "try film again" so you already know what its like.
I started with film, so I am biased ... I will continue shooting some film ... it is a different way.

My 1st SLR was a Minolta SRT 201 and used it until I went Digital. They are wonderfully built machines and like you wrote there are a ton of them on the market. I sold mine but wish I had kept it. I would go digital but keep the Minolta.

When I got my D40, I got rid of my SRT201, thinking I would never shoot film again. Four years later, I bought a Nikon N90s, and have since acquired a few more film bodies.

Another thought-my daughter may end up taking photography in college. She is only 15 so who knows, but do they require classes with film cameras? I hate to get rid of it if she’ll need it in a couple years. I’ve been storing it for 30!

Ehhhh...keep it. It's wonderful display piece. With some new craft store foam added to the back or hinge area inside the back, it'd probably be light-tight again and ready to shoot some film. No sense giving it away.

Going to find some film and show my daughter how it used to be done.

Keep it. Some day, you'll get a hankerin' to find some film and get out to use it.

Most reactions

Back