Minolta Flash on Sony A300

NCHornet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK I am switching some thing over to digital. I just purchased a new Nikon D90, the SB 600 Flash, lenses, 2 8 gig Extreme III cards, and two spare batteries. I am getting low on funds, lol!!! But I would still like a BU camera.
I have always shot Minolta SLR, so I have quite a few lenses and a very nice Quantaray flash for my old Minolta 4 . I know the lenses will work on the Sony, I assume the flash should also work, am I correct on this?
Thanks for the help.

Kevin

Not a huge investment in Minolta, a few SLR and a half a dozen lenses. I didn't abandon Minolta, I bought the A300 so I can utilize them. My neighbor brought over her D80 and I really liked it a lot. Plus have you read the reviews the D90 is getting? Just didn't see how I could go wrong. I plan on the A300 being a back up, and a camera my daughter can mess with. She has 14 and has really developed a great eye for photography!!
I was actually hoping someone had an answer to my question though, lol!!!

NCH

Some additional research on your end will be needed. Some older flashes exceed the voltage safety levels of digital cameras. It is entirely possible that your flash, if placed in the hotshoe of your D90, could easily fry it.

Not all flashes are safe on digital cameras.

Some additional research on your end will be needed. Some older flashes exceed the voltage safety levels of digital cameras. It is entirely possible that your flash, if placed in the hotshoe of your D90, could easily fry it.

Not all flashes are safe on digital cameras.
I'm pretty sure his flash won't even mount on the Nikon.

Most reactions

Back