Minolta...help me!!

BloominGrace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello people
Im new here and id love any help and advice i can get really
My friends father sadly passed away who was a press photographer and she has given me all his old kit.
A minolta7000 with lenses and filters and flash and light meter etcetc ...i have my own canon eos650d and a few other little cameras bt i never use different lenses or any of this other stuff but im very eager to learn about it all.
Vintage style photography is my absolute favourite and i spend most of my time editing my photographs to look this way so im ever so excited to get using this lovely new camera.
I can provide lots of pics for anyone who may be able to help me out so you can see what im working with.
I so hope to find somebody here!..ive got the film in it and been playing around today and already i love it..the weight is a big change but i really enjoy not being able to playback my image because it makes it all the more fun.

Nicola
x

Attachments

• $cam.jpg
    $cam.jpg
    969.4 KB · Views: 158
Oh, I see now. I thought you wanted someone to buy the lot.

Not intending to sound overly flippant, but if you like the "old time look", here's what you do:

Purchase some outdated film (which should be heavily discounted)
make your exposures
place the exposed film (still in the canister) in a very warm place such as the top of the 'fridge for about two months
have the film processed
place the prints on the dash of your car in the sun for about another week

thanks for the suggestion but im really just looking for advice with this camera

Minolta, though no longer around made imo, some of the best quality lenses out there. I shoot with with a minolta and a 55mm lens and it is probably even better than nikon lenses. at least from my experience. this is an amazing kit and you are extremely lucky to come into all of these lenses as well as a nice body. I suggest taking it out and experiment with this camera and you will see what I mean once you develop your first couple rolls of film. I recommend shooting with hp5 b&w, but be careful when bringing it to get processed.

thanks for the suggestion but im really just looking for advice with this camera

What do you need advice about, specifically?
For general info just to get started, read the manual for the camera if you haven't already. There's lots of good info in there.

Minolta Maxxum 7000 = first AF camera they made. It sucks as an AF camera vs modern standards, otherwise was not a bad camera to use. Get a split screen for it and you are golden.
Minolta Maxxum 7000 AF SLR camera - Index Page

Image of those three lenses ... looks like a Maxxum 50mm f1.7, 24mm f/2.8 and 35-70mm f4 macro zoom. All three have good IQ.
Long lens is the Maxxum 70-210mm f4 Beercan, one of the best IQ zooms.
A-mount lens database (lenses for Minolta and Sony DSLR cameras)
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/maxxum7k/index6.htm

Gossen light meters were the ones to get back in the days, and they were not cheap.

Last edited:
Minolta Maxxum 7000 = first AF camera they made. I sucks as an AF camera vs modern standards, otherwise was not a bad camera to use.
Minolta Maxxum 7000 AF SLR camera - Index Page

Image of those three lenses ... looks like a Maxxum 50mm f1.7, 24mm f/2.8 and 35-70mm f4 macro zoom. All three have good IQ.
Long lens is the Maxxum 70-210mm f4 Beercan, one of the best IQ zooms.
A-mount lens database (lenses for Minolta and Sony DSLR cameras)
Minolta Maxxum 7000 AF SLR camera - First Generation AF Lenses by Minolta for Maxxum 7000

Gossen light meters were the ones to get back in the days, and they were not cheap.

Looks to ME like whatcha' oughtta' do is buy a SONY d-slr that can use that good old glass... a 24/50 prime pair, and two fine zooms, a 35 to 70, and a 70-210, all Maxxum lenses, is a NICE setup!!!!

Most reactions

Back