Minolta help

greenjackson16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello for xmas i got a minolta X-700 used off ebay ive checked when using the film and everytihng appears to be in perfect working order but both times ive developed a roll of film nothing came back except on the second one there was one exposure that was mostly black though. i'm hoping that you can help me some how, i can be more detailed if required. thanks all

I'd check things in this order for ease of testing.
Was the lens cap on?
Was the ISO of the camera set to the same ISO of the film used?
Were you using your internal meter?
Are your batteries new?
Is the shutter opening fully?

I'm assuming you know the basics, ie film speed, aperture, and shutter and how they relate already. If not, I recommend reading up on that first.

I'd check things in this order for ease of testing.
Was the lens cap on?
Was the ISO of the camera set to the same ISO of the film used?
Were you using your internal meter?
Are your batteries new?
Is the shutter opening fully?

I'm assuming you know the basics, ie film speed, aperture, and shutter and how they relate already. If not, I recommend reading up on that first.

the lens cap was off
i dont think so im guessing that was the problem :/ *facepalm*
i think so
yes
yes

and to compur it seemed to take the film and i didnt overexpose it and the red bar on the top right moved along with the film

Did you rewind the film completely into the cassette before opening the back
of the camera to remove it?

Did the rewind knob turn when you advanced film?

99+% of the blank rolls that come out of that class camera (manual wind 35mm without an automatic threading) are the result of mis-loading the camera.

Read the instruction manual carefully with particular attention to the proper loading procedure. If you don't have a manual, get one. This site has a download:

Minolta X-700 instruction manual, user manual, free PFD camera manuals

compur- yes
dwig- thats what ithought happend the first time but i double checked the manual the second time and it seemed to work
would the film speed on the camera and the film speed on the film not matching cause a problem because i belive both times i set the film speed higher

compur- yes
dwig- thats what ithought happend the first time but i double checked the manual the second time and it seemed to work
would the film speed on the camera and the film speed on the film not matching cause a problem because i belive both times i set the film speed higher

Did you try opening the back while operating the camera? You can check both the shutter and aperture operations this way. It could be your shutter isn't even opening, or your lens if you are using program mode. While you're at it, you could even check to see if the lens opens up during aperture priority mode.

As Early suggested ...

Open the back.
Set exposure to Manual.
Set lens at widest
Set shutter speed at 1s

Wind
While looking through the back
trip shutter
Note the duration of the shutter and the if the lens aperture is wide open.

Set other shutter speeds and apertures.

Then set on Auto and test again.

Most reactions

Back