Minolta MD glass

j-dogg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've thought about getting some for my Canon Digital Rebel, using an adapter, in particular a 135mm f3.5. Also pawn shops are littered with MC/MD glass here. I have a Nikon adapter but good lenses are still pricey and I like the feel of vintage glass. Not to mention some of the neat effects vintage glass does to my Rebel.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
What is your question?

That would probably help.

Which MC/MD lenses should I be on the look-out for? I've heard some good things about them.

That would probably help.

Which MC/MD lenses should I be on the look-out for? I've heard some good things about them.

Reasonably priced single focal length lenses:

Any of the 50mm's and 58mm's are nice. The f/1.2's are costly, of course. The 1.4's tend to be superb. The 45mm f/2 is very cheap and decent, and the 50mm f/1.7 only slightly more expensive.

100mm f/2.5 is good, and is generally less expensive than any of the 85's. I like the 85mm f/2 as well, though, and it's cheaper than the faster version.

The 135mm f/2 is a collector's item; don't even bother. The f/2.8 is a better lens than the f/3.5 and can be found relatively inexpensively.

Hard to find at a decent price, but the 24mm f/2.8 is excellent; one of the best wide angles of its era. The 28mm f/2 is another collector lens; the f/2.8 is cheap and decent. Any of the wider Rokkors are good but costly.

I don't have any experience with the 35mm options. Let me know if you want info on zooms or longer lenses.

I did find a Gemini 135mm f2.8. I didn't plan on getting zooms, only single focal lengths, I got newer zooms and love the optics.

I did find a Gemini 135mm f2.8. I didn't plan on getting zooms, only single focal lengths, I got newer zooms and love the optics.

If you are looking at non-Minolta manufacturers. check out Kiron. Research is available at the Kiron group on groups.yahoo.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back