mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
long story told in short form....

Eyesight sucks in low light situation.... I bought a boat load of minolta xg camera bodies and md glass before I realized how bad it was....

So I bought an auto focus body now I'm trying to decide what to do about a lens.

I can get an adapter for the body which is fine I can live with all the downsides but my question is will the autofocus assist light work.

Before anyone tells me I KNOW the lense wont auto focus but will the little green light come on when it is in focus.... If anyone knows please let me know...

thanks..

With the Dynax 5, 7, and 404si I get no focus confirmation when using off-mount lenses (m42 in my case) with an adapter. However this may not be the case with your camera as I'm not sure what you're using.

The other problem you might have is that the manual focus lens probably won't mount on the autofocus body properly, even with the adapter. By 'properly' I mean that with a basic metal adapter you won't be able to focus on infinity; because of spacing differences between the manual and auto mounts, the adapter will act a bit like a very short extension tube. One solution is an adapter with optical elements, but unfortunately this is going to reduce the light and degrade the image.

P.s. I'm assuming you've bought a Minolta auto-focus body?

thanks thats what I needed to know. I have four xg bodies I plan to use in good light, outdoors, and in bad weather conditon, also plan to use them for my various good md lenses that I have tested. I can buy a short zoom lens for the cost of an adapter.

I expect I'll just go that way. I have the 7000 body on the way now. I had read that about the infinity focus but didn't think it would be a problem for what I want that body. Shooting my grandson indoors mostly. Still I might as well go for the autofocus lens and solve all my problems at once.

thanks again..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back