Minolta old MD glass

ian green

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
does anybody here using old manual focus MD series Minolta glass with modern Minolta Maxxum/Dynax bodies? what adapter can you recommend? what are the drawbacks?

OH, I'm on a roll today...two posts in one day, after not posting for months...go me.

anyways...I'm a die hard minolta fan, shooting with a maxxum 5, and I have a few old MD series lenses, but I haven't ever heard of any adapter...if there is on...oh...I that would make me a very happy camper.... anyone heard of anything?

-Andrew-

I looked into this a while ago when I got my dynax 5. From what I could make out, many years ago when Minolta first introduce their AF cameras there was an adaptor which allowed you to use MD lenses. They don't make them now though and I've never seen one for sale. There is a company which make them (see below).
As I said, I've got a dynax 5. I've also got a few old Minolta cameras and lenses. What I've noticed is that the hole on the Dynax is a lot bigger than the MD cameras. If you did get an adaptor you'd also lose all the auto side of the camera (duh!). Before you fit any type of non-minolta af lens on your camera check the manual's custom settings section. There is an option you have to switch on. If it isn't then the camera won't fire the shutter if there is film in the camera but no lens (or in this case a wrong lens) attatched.

If you live in the UK you could contact www.srbfilm.co.uk and see what they have to say.
Have a look at this page. http://www.srbfilm.co.uk/publish/page7.html

hmmm.... I just might have to get one, just to see how it works out. To be able to use my old lenses with my camera...oh...that would make my day awesome!

ferny: thank you for this link
at last i know it's not unreal
time to collect some funds for this thing + old primes....

Most reactions

Back