minolta-rokkor 58 mm. f/1.2

sarrasani

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Fantastic portrait (and not only) lens, better than next Minolta, Olympus and Nikon of the same kind.
Good focus dephth also at 1.2, great and particular separation, animated but not crazy (as Biotar or Trioplan, I like too....) bokeh, excellent vivid chromatic behaviour.

_DSC8706_DxO.jpg
_DSC8797_DxO.jpg
_DSC9406_DxO.jpg
_DSC8797_DxO.jpg
_DSC8864_DxO.jpg
_DSC8799_DxO.jpg

Agreed, it does put what I like to call a "visuall impression" or a "stamp" on the backgrounds when used at these ranges. In the third photo, the closeup of the lovely young woman (with her head resting on her hand) I like the way the sharply-focused area slides into the de-focused zone in a pleasing,subtle,gentle way; some other fast normal-length lenses tend toward an unpleasant double-line bokeh character on the out of focus background edges on close-range shots like that.

the bokeh is unique without being distracting. And I agree with Derrel on the transition from sharp to OOF -- I've had/have lenses that simply don't blur out so well.

you still have a chance to make these pop even more with a bit of post-processing. The ones with the grass in the BG appear as she was shot in full shadow, so you're missing some luster and the WB is too cool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back