Minolta Rokkor MC's to EOS bodies.

duhast

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been obsessing and researching this for a couple days now, and have noted a couple interesting things.

Despite what many people say, it is in fact possible to create a good, workable, infinity focus adapter for putting Minolta MC/MD lenses on EOS bodies. What is mystifying to me is why there are only two men producing such products, both in Europe.

The Leitax mount Was the first I found and is a good idea, it replaces the lens bayonet. However, it only accepts the MC 58mm 1.2/1.4 lenses.
Rokkor lens for Canon cameras

The other one I found is the DigitalRokkor. This approaches the problem from the other direction, replacing the bayonet on the camera body. This adapter takes many of the Minolta lenses. What I'm not sure about (am waiting for an email) is if the product is still available.
.:: Digitalrokkor ©2011 ::.

Assuming both are available, I'd have the choice of using just one of my 3 MC lenses, or buying a dedicated used EOS (I'm thinking a 40D) and using all three.

What is mystifying me is why these are the only two people producing these mounts, there is such a plethora of 'glass' types.

If anyone knows of any other sources of quality, non-glass infinity focus rings, I'd like to know...

Last edited:
Here is mine
740391_10200230152301223_282416678_o.jpg

Contact this guy. He will convert it for you
Camera Services

Most reactions

Back