Minolta X-700

Devinhullphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My uncle who is a retired photog gave me all of his film gear from back when film was his primary medium and I'm excited to use it. Here's what I got to use.

Attachments

• $image-1384302499.jpg
    $image-1384302499.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 133

timor

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Your uncle know the stuff, it looks like a very nice outfit. It lacks only a good tripod, have no hope to hold the camera with this very long lens steady below 1/500. What you plan to do, some color or b&w photography ?

OP
Devinhullphoto

Devinhullphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Your uncle know the stuff, it looks like a very nice outfit. It lacks only a good tripod, have no hope to hold the camera with this very long lens steady below 1/500. What you plan to do, some color or b&w photography ?

I have good tripods, but mainly plan on color. I may go black and white once I feel comfortable with film again. It's been years.

He also gave me his old tripods and lighting gear.

raventepes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Man...I'll be honest. I have an X-700. It's my primary film body. Try a couple rolls of B&W. I love its output. Have fun with that kit! I wish I had your lens selection!!!

webestang64

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I sold those when new........I was a Pentax guy but I used a X-700 for about year and it was a nice machine. Nice selection of lens you have.....good stuff!

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
I know this post is older, but Devin if you read this--KEEP the meter! It's no doubt the single most valuable piece of gear in that entire line-up.

OP
Devinhullphoto

Devinhullphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I know this post is older, but Devin if you read this--KEEP the meter! It's no doubt the single most valuable piece of gear in that entire line-up.

Don't worry, I'll be keeping it all. I may not use it very often but these very things are what got me into photography. A lot of sentimental value.

Most reactions

New Topics