Minolta XD-11 Repair

Warfarin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have 2 Minolta XD-11’s that have some issues. I would like to get them fixed but my local repair place won’t touch them. Anybody out there know any shop that will work on them?

I have 2 Minolta XD-11’s that have some issues. I would like to get them fixed but my local repair place won’t touch them. Anybody out there know any shop that will work on them?
Kudos to your local repair place for refusing to touch that junk. But with a little research, you may find someone willing to rip you off.

Last edited:
You might check out this shop:

I'd also ask/snoop around at the photrio site for other shops still servicing film Minoltas.
I highly recommend Garry. He's worked on several of my Pentax and Minolta film cameras and does an outstanding job. He's a former Minolta tech and in the case of the XD-11 has a flat rate fee of $78.00. I've a Pentax Super Program that needs repair/CLA that I'm getting ready to send to him. If you use FB, a site I also recommend is the Minolta Film Camera Group. Tons of info there including a comprehensive list of repair shops.
You might check out this shop:

I'd also ask/snoop around at the photrio site for other shops still servicing film Minoltas.

Last edited:
I think I'll send my Pentax MX to Garry, it's got some shutter problems.

BTW, did you know the Minolta XD-11 was built in conjunction with Leica, and the body became the basis for the Leica R4, and later, as the chassis for the the Leica R5, R6 and R7.

BTW, did you know the Minolta XD-11 was built in conjunction with Leica, and the body became the basis for the Leica R4, and later, as the chassis for the the Leica R5, R6 and R7.
No Leica R4 through R7 models were based on the XD-11.

Kudos to your local repair place for refusing to touch that junk. But with a little research, you may find someone willing to rip you off.
The XD-11 being a junk is news to me. I have used (and use) Nikon F series, Leicas, Pentaxes (except the LX), have 4 OMs , EOS-1n and loads of other pro grade cameras. The XD-7 is every bit as good as them.

The Leica R3 is based on the XE-7, the Leica R4, R4s, R5 and R6/6.2 are based on the XD-7 although Leica reworked those models more.

I had my XD-7 serviced years ago. Great camera.
e-thesis 011.jpg

Last edited:
Same camera.............

The Minolta XD-7 (sold as the XD-11 in North America and as the XD in Japan).

Looks like I should have done my research! I had use of an R4SP for a week when it first came out. My kit at the time was a Leicaflex SL and SL2 - I was disappointed by how far backward Leica had gone. Even my el cheapo Exa felt more like a real camera.

Thanks for your replies. I will contact Gary’s and see what they say.

Picked up a mint XE-5 a few years back. Seems built on the old battleship grade SRT heavy metal chassis with some new electronic innards. Among the smoothest film advance actions in the business.

I highly recommend Garry. He's worked on several of my Pentax and Minolta film cameras and does an outstanding job. He's a former Minolta tech and in the case of the XD-11 has a flat rate fee of $78.00. I've a Pentax Super Program that needs repair/CLA that I'm getting ready to send to him. If you use FB, a site I also recommend is the Minolta Film Camera Group. Tons of info there including a comprehensive list of repair shops.
I recommend Garry too. He worked on a Minolta XD of mine that had metering issues. He repaired that and replaced the light seals on the camera as well. He has a short turnaround time. The XD was sent back within the week.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back