Minolta XG1

eForce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, I just acquired this 1970's camera with several lenses. Can anyone offer any comments on it?

Hi all, I just acquired this 1970's camera with several lenses. Can anyone offer any comments on it?
It was the low end camera for it's day, I believe. I think it has aperture priority exposure control, flash sync at 1/60th of a sec., 1-1000 of a sec shutter speeds, takes 2 fps winder, and I don't know if it takes a dedicated flash unit. It takes MD or MC lenses, but not the A mount for autofocus cameras.

You can upgrade it very cheaply of the lenses are any good Minolta did make some good glass in the MC/MD mount. If not, save some money and go with a Nikon.

Ya but this with 3 lenses, flash and bag was only $40. I can't go wrong there.

Thanks

My son has one that takes enviable pictures. Unfortunately, I have not found a second one that will do equally well for me.

Ya but this with 3 lenses, flash and bag was only $40. I can't go wrong there.

Thanks
I didn't say you went wrong. After all, it is the lens that decides the quality of the print, not the camera. Just saying in case you want to upgrade to a camera with more options that will go with your lenses.

I started with the XG 7, btw, just before Minolta came out with XG 1. If I had waited, I probably would have gotten that one.

oh for sure. No worries, I didn't take offense. I'm too green for that. I just wanted a very old film one so I could learn more....u know...EVERYTHING is manual on these babies.

I'll let you know how I make out when I develop the first roll. Should be good for a laugh.

HAH! Low end my ear. It may not have cost much but the Minolta X-series are a workhorse line of cameras and everybody and their grandmother made lenses and accessories to fit them so finding gear will NEVER be a problem. I have had XG-M's for 15 years and now have an older sr-T101 that makes great pictures. 'Course it's the photographer, not the camera. But you have a very good camera system. Pick up a Minolta Macro Bellows III and that will tweek you right wrong. Have fun.

Most reactions

Back