Mirror07

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
I have a thing for mirrors, so I can use some help on this one. Is there too much going on? Let me know your thoughts. Shot yesterday in Wilson, WY. Nikon D200 focal length = 40mm
ƒ 7.1 (or there abouts) @ 1/125. ISO 100. Cloudy + 2 WB.

mirror07yt9.jpg

Hmm for me it's a bit busy, but I think that's mostly to do with the lines and the pole.

yeah, shoot the nature and mirror only, also make it a little darker and add a slight bit of saturation.

Cool. Thanks!!!!! Here is a different approach. Again let me know. I do have one without the telephone lines, but it is pretty nonsensical. Saturation is tough for me I usually use the print to judge. Too bad I am waiting on ink.

mirrorpk8.jpg

Hi Craig. :) I like the second one better, as well, and purely for composition's sake.

The telephone lines seem to detract from the first image. In the second, they lead the eye easily to the telephone pole, and become integrated better into the shot as a diagonal component - much like the fence line, which follows underneath. This information is missing from the first shot.

The mirror is better placed here as well, and the clever reflection also seems more integrated into the image, as opposed to BEING the image, as the first shot seems to demand.

The second one is way better... If nothing else.. that fence is awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back