Miscellaneous images - C&C please.

hourglass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, I haven't really checked back to this forum for quite some time now, but here are a few pictures I took in the past months. I'd really appreciate any comment on them; thanks in advance.

1. Freudenau Hydroelectric Power Plant (Vienna)

2. Central Cemetery I (Vienna)

3. Central Cemetery II (Vienna)

4. Railway I

5. Railway II

6. Subway Station (Vienna)

Overall, very nice photos. I love the last 3 especially. The last one captures the feel of a late night traveler and her kid very well. Only thing is that the last one seems a bit slanted to the left. :thumbup:

Nice set of images.

#1 - I like the B&W conversion but wish it filled up a little more of the frame vertically.

#2 - My least favorite image.

#3 - Wonder how this image would look if you zoomed in on the face more.

#4 - I like the point of view in this one. The mono-chrome conversion matches the feel of the image.

#5 - I like the B&W conversion but it could use a little more contrast. Like the DOF but wonder how it would look with a slightly deeper DOF.

#6 - I like this image. For some reason it reminds me of the movie "The Matrix".

Thank you two for your replies.

Only thing is that the last one seems a bit slanted to the left.
The apparent slant of the last picture is a bit irritating indeed, but I think that this impression is created by the building itself rather than my photograph - to be honest, referring to a "subway" is somewhat misleading in this case, as the station is actually built above ground; the roof is tilted so that the rainwater can run off easily, I guess.
By the way, this is what it looks like from the outside:
IMG_1106-Edit_small.jpg

Not much going on here, right? A subway station in the middle of nowhere... :er:

5 & 6 are my favorites.

on 6, i would almost recommend taking color out of everything surrounding the two people. The stations seems to be devoid of much color, and taking color out of a few areas might actually add to a feeling of isolation that the two seem to be feeling.

i think 2 and 3 can be a bit sharper
Yeah, now that you say it - thanks for the hint.

on 6, i would almost recommend taking color out of everything surrounding the two people. The stations seems to be devoid of much color, and taking color out of a few areas might actually add to a feeling of isolation that the two seem to be feeling.
Thank you for the feedback, I think I'll give it a try.

I really like #5. The lack of DOF gives me the feeling that it goes on forever

Most reactions

Back