Misconceptions

Rayna'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are some misconceptions of where you live (state or country)? I’m really curious about the world out side of Texas. I haven’t traveled much.

I would think when people hear the word Texas they think of cowboys, horses, and ????? First of all, I’ve never been near a horse. Second I rarely see someone dressed in Wranglers, boots, & cowboy hat.

Ok…I’m about to show you how clueless I am about the world around me.

When I think of :

England- wet, tea all the time, British accents (I have the hardest time understand what is being said on British TV),

Canada- cold, French, Celine Dion (?), Degrassi High,

New York City- crowded, scary, too many people,

Let me know what state/country you are from & I’ll let you know what my idea of your state/country is before you prove me wrong.

Well, I assume many think that all of Germany is Bavaria, and people are dressed in Lederhosen all the time, eat nothing but Wurst and Sauerkraut and mashed potatoes and drink lots and lots of bear, and the table cloths are always checked, the duvets huge and the girls big-bosomed.

Which is not quite true.
Which is why I am inviting any TPF member who wants to come and can make it possible to come to set out for Germany in May of 2008 for the biggest TPF meet-up the world has ever seen, one whole week long, and ... IN THE NORTH OF GERMANY! (Where we also have beer. And Wurst if you want some, and Sauerkraut if you are very keen, only don't we have any mountains).

And I know that England can be parching hot (was so in 1990! Phew!)
Many English drink coffee
And I love British English (other than Cockney .... I don't understand a word of it).

More later.

I don't know much about Germany..:er: I wish I could go on that trip but I am not able to at this time.

Well, I assume many think that all of Germany is Bavaria, and people are dressed in Lederhosen all the time, eat nothing but Wurst and Sauerkraut and mashed potatoes and drink lots and lots of bear, and the table cloths are always checked, the duvets huge and the girls big-bosomed.

:biglaugh: I'm sorry, but this whole paragraph made me laugh like you wouldn't believe!

I think people think that people of my area are just a bunch of farm folk....

...and they're right. LET ME OUT!!!!!!

Corry, where are you from?

What are some misconceptions of where you live (state or country)? I’m really curious about the world out side of Texas. I haven’t traveled much.

I would think when people hear the word Texas they think of cowboys, horses, and ????? First of all, I’ve never been near a horse. Second I rarely see someone dressed in Wranglers, boots, & cowboy hat.

Ok…I’m about to show you how clueless I am about the world around me.

When I think of :

England- wet, tea all the time, British accents (I have the hardest time understand what is being said on British TV),

Canada- cold, French, Celine Dion (?), Degrassi High,

New York City- crowded, scary, too many people,

Let me know what state/country you are from & I’ll let you know what my idea of your state/country is before you prove me wrong.

I use to think New York was scary, but now that the girl friend lives there for school and Ive been around (allbeit a upper east side apartment) its really not that scary. No one bothers you, you dont bother them its all good.

One thing I have noticed though is that the people in her neighborhood are just done right stuck up ***holes.

well if there is no Lederhosen then there is no way i'm going to the meetup :greenpbl:

I use to think New York was scary, but now that the girl friend lives there for school and Ive been around (allbeit a upper east side apartment) its really not that scary. No one bothers you, you dont bother them its all good.

One thing I have noticed though is that the people in her neighborhood are just done right stuck up ***holes.

OK, no one bothers you - and you don't bother them.

Do you think that they consider you a 'stuck up ***hole.'

The stereotypical impression of a Scotland is that we all go around wearing kilts saying "och aye the noo", have ginger hair never want to spend money and always want to fight the English, probably due to Braveheart!!
:lol:

The stereotypical impression of a Scotland is that we all go around wearing kilts saying "och aye the noo", have ginger hair never want to spend money and always want to fight the English, probably due to Braveheart!!
:lol:

what about the lepricans? Or is that Ireland.:wink:

Tennesse- I think of moonshine, Elvis, country music, coal miners, mountains...

Most reactions

Back