Miss Mexico Finalist Shoot!

ricardouribeb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys! Turns out that one of the finalists on the Miss Mexico 2013 event is one of my friends, and a couple of months back we planned a photo session. It turned out pretty good as far as I can tell, here's my favorite:

$Fer Maciel 1.jpg

Everything is well-received :) Have a good one!

Shot with:
Nikon D100
Sigma Lens 70-300
ISO: 500
f4.5
1/200

I can't tell you much because I'm viewing this on the crappy computer at work, but I can tell that I'm bothered by her knees. They need to be a bit retouched, if you want to show how pretty and good looking she is.

It's a good photo but it could use a bit more lighting on her face, particularly her eyes. At least being able to see one eye in detail would have been nice.

I really dislike the processing and it appears to be completely out-of-focus...

-Instagram look, ew (processing issue)
-Agreed on the knees
-This is a pretty bad pose. She is facing the camera head on with broad shoulders which is unflattering usually AND a coat that exacerbates that problem 10x by making her look like she has Hulk shoulders AND a wide stance that also exacerbates it, AND broad lighting that makes he look wider as well (!) You don't need to do a girly girl pose, but at least don't go as far out of your way as possible to have her look like a football player. Another option might have been leaning up straight against the fence and shooting her from 45 degrees off center or so, with one leg bent, sort of thing. Film noir-ish.
-Scared/angry glare and closed gesture. Looks like she's getting ready to fight off a stalker or something. Not so much sexy. If it weren't paired with the football stance, it might not have come across this way, though.

Ricardo; I hope you can re-do this shoot and get some better pictures.

Find a better background
Pose her differently
Normal processing

Good luck!

This would be ok if it was a photojournalism(sp?) type shot. But for portraiture work? It needs a little help. I played around with this type photography for a while just for fun, nothing serious. Had a 2 light setup in my garage. When appropriate I had the girls wear flesh colored pantyhose. Covered a lot of sins including ugly knees.

I'm sure you wouldn't be too disappointed in having a chance to work with her again! Just do a little homework and do what Designer suggested and try again, thats how you learn.

I really appreciate all of your sugestions! You see, that's exactly the reason I entered this forum, to learn and to be criticized. Most people I know keeps saying how great these pictures are, but I know they're not perfect and I needed someone to tell me so, and why. Thanks!

I really appreciate all of your sugestions! You see, that's exactly the reason I entered this forum, to learn and to be criticized. Most people I know keeps saying how great these pictures are, but I know they're not perfect and I needed someone to tell me so, and why. Thanks!

yeah...we do help someone who want to be helped :)

That's a great attitude and you'll progress much faster with it!

Yeah, that style of processing went out in fashion about 4 years ago.

It is still being used, but much more subtly. It is not the effect you want on the model as much as the muted color palette.

http://www.designscene.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Prada-Resort-2014-Steven-Meisel-01.jpg

http://edelscope.files.wordpress.co...-in-harpers-bazaar-vietnam-january-2014_1.jpg

http://fashioncopious.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ef96453883401a3fb88f2c4970b-700wi

I think you did well with the colors themselves--that red really pops.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back