Missed my first hawk diving for a fish

Rgollar

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw my first hawk dive for a fish today and was in such awe at it diving that I missed the shot except for when it was flying away with the fish. Unfortunately by the time I got my act together it was so far away the shot came out bad. I have such respect for Kristofer Rowe bird in flight shots. It is such a learning curve
_61A2686 by rgollar, on Flickr
But I got one of a everyday common Canadian geese that came out sharp
_61A2592_DxO-Edit by rgollar, on Flickr

Nice shots both. If you keep shooting birds you'll learn their behaviors and soon you'll be catching them catching the fish. Kris can give you lots of pointers. Just a note since you may get hooked on photographing birds it's good to learn what they are called. I find that part of the enjoyment of bird photography is what you learn in the process, not only taking the pictures but being able to ID them as well. The hawk is an Osprey (some people do refer to them as a fish hawk) and the Goose is correctly called a Canada Goose.

I hope to see more bird pictures from you. With the 150-600 lens and practice I'm sure you'll be posting some great shots.

Thank you for correcting me on the birds. I had no Idea that was an osprey. I am so excited that they are by me. Well I guess I have to do some reading on my bird identification and learn about the osprey more. I just ordered me a lens cover and some camo cover to try and hide my self so I dont stand out so much with the white lens.

Most reactions

Back