Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oh well lol

Saw this great thing last night was a guy busking on the pier he had a guitar and amp - got down there just as it was sunset (it was behing him also)- Was thinking what a cool pic to take - I ummed and ahhh etd about it - the light was fading fast (my boyfriend was also going on about how i shouldnt take his pic but i was thinking hmm hes busking in public so sorta why not,,, though wasnt sure on if i should ask etc though was thinking of it just not sure on how to broach the subject etc since he was playing). About 15 mins later after a walk up the pier and back, I decided to try a pic - and of course the light was too bad then to get anything decent (tried a few things iso and time etc bit was either too hazy or blurry ). Wasnt after a close up just a nice long shot showing was on the pier etc so couldnt really use flash etc (only using the inbuilt canon one )

Just wondering what others would have done - would you have just taken a pic of him without asking since he was in such a public place and it was longer distance? I'm sorta annoyed i missed the opportunity cause it was such a 'different' pic.

not sure what buskin is and at 2:30 A.M i am in no mood to research :)

I would have taken his photo and offered a dollar or so in the hat he had laying out.

not sure what buskin is and at 2:30 A.M i am in no mood to research :)

I would have taken his photo and offered a dollar or so in the hat he had laying out.

Its basically as you said playing to get some money (though guitar case not hat lol)

But we did give him some money as we went past anyway - Maybe i should have tried to take the pic then

Seems you'll always regret not taking a photo when the opportunity presents itself. Definately take the photo. He was in a very public place, so he shouldn't mind, especially if you put some money in his case.

Its basically as you said playing to get some money (though guitar case not hat lol)

But we did give him some money as we went past anyway - Maybe i should have tried to take the pic then

I would have raised the camera 1/2 way up and give a nod of the head... and I am sure he would have shook his head yes or no. Based on how he felt, I would have taken the pic had his response been a nod, ok or smile.

I am 99% sure I could have gotten the pic. Public performers for the vast majority love to have their picture taken.

Okay - as a former (and sometimes still) Busker.

I'm performing for gosh sake. Please take my pic! I love it. You've noticed me.

Trust me, if you're shooting me, I will play to you while you do.

However as a caveat; Please do throw a couple a bucks in the case (or hat or whatever). When I perform for you I like a little appreciation.

When I busk, it's for fun, not cash. But it is nice to have a few bucks for a little celebration afterwards. Very few buskers are doing it strictly for the money. It's usually for the performance practice.

............. Jim

Thanks for the replies all :)

Next time (well hopefully there will be another pic opportunity like that lol) I'll try and get the nerve up to ask for a pic (i.e gestures etc) when put some money in :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back