missing part of sensor coating

sorry for the shot i kicked up the light so you guys could see the area easier. i had to sort through in originals to find one as they usually dont show up or i already edited it so i think this is a straight jpeg i pulled from the original folder.

I would probably send it in for professional cleaning.

Sell the camera and take up knitting. :biglaugh:

I doubt you removed any part of the sensor.

Unless you complete disassembled your camera, removed it and took the glass filter off first.

I doubt you removed any part of the sensor.

Unless you complete disassembled your camera, removed it and took the glass filter off first.
what filter?

Most d-slr's have a "filter stack" in front of the actual sensor...sometimes called the anri-aliasing filter, sometimes called the sensor protective glass, sometimes called the filter stack array; this glass array often has an anti-aliasing property to it; in d-slr cameras that omit the anti-aliasing filter, there is STILL a glass protective array above the actual sensor/

I see the goober. You have what I call a "sensor goober". And it is on the filter array. I've had a couple of these in the last 15 years. if you owned a Sensor Scope, a illuminated magnifier with a self-contained LED light in it, you could literally SEE this thing. It's NOT that large...I highly,highly doubt you could see it with the unaided eye, unless you have absolutely phenomenal close-up vision.

Most d-slr's have a "filter stack" in front of the actual sensor...sometimes called the anri-aliasing filter, sometimes called the sensor protective glass, sometimes called the filter stack array; this glass array often has an anti-aliasing property to it; in d-slr cameras that omit the anti-aliasing filter, there is STILL a glass protective array above the actual sensor/

I see the goober. You have what I call a "sensor goober". And it is on the filter array. I've had a couple of these in the last 15 years. if you owned a Sensor Scope, a illuminated magnifier with a self-contained LED light in it, you could literally SEE this thing. It's NOT that large...I highly,highly doubt you could see it with the unaided eye, unless you have absolutely phenomenal close-up vision.
its the 7100. i will take another look at it thanks.

sigh. your messing with me now..

the purple tint coating, part of it gone i actually CAN see it

I guarantee it ain't the sensor itself. It's the glass filter in front of it.

P1030215.JPG
P1030223.JPG
P1030225.JPG

Most reactions

Back