missing part of sensor coating

upper right hand corner cant miss it

care to elaborate?

Locate a suitable repair facility.
Ship camera to said facility. Pack well with lots of soft, fluffy stuff in a cardboard box.
A few days later, they will contact you. Pay them when they give you a price for the repair.
Watch for a box at your door a week or two later.... it will have your repaired camera in it.
Go out and shoot something.

care to elaborate?

Locate a suitable repair facility.
Ship camera to said facility. Pack well with lots of soft, fluffy stuff in a cardboard box.
A few days later, they will contact you. Pay them when they give you a price for the repair.
Watch for a box at your door a week or two later.... it will have your repaired camera in it.
Go out and shoot something.
No i mean on what YOU THINK IT IS, i assumed it was coating flaking off. And what you would think would entail in fixing it.

No i mean on what YOU THINK IT IS, i assumed it was coating flaking off. And what you would think would entail in fixing it.

I think the glass filter in front of your sensor has been damaged.

Send it to a repair facility to fix it.

I think the glass filter in front of your sensor has been damaged.

Send it to a repair facility to fix it.
you seem to really be discouraging me from trying to find the parts on ebay

but okay, if you want i will send it to you.

film camera still works and its thirty years old. Go figure... I break a dslr in less than two years. LMAO

I'm not discouraging you from doing anything. If you want to buy the part needed and think you can handle dismantling a modern DSLR, replacing said part, and reassembling everything into a working, reliable unit... by all means, be my guest. It's not my money on the line. But as for finding the part, good luck with that..... considering Nikon only provides parts to Nikon repair facilities.

Whether you send it in or not is not up to me. I don't have a dog in this fight. It's totally up to you. I'm just giving you a reality check. Figure $250-400 for the pro fix.

film camera still works and its thirty years old. Go figure... I break a dslr in less than two years. LMAO

Welcome to the age of disposable goods. You pays your money and you takes your chances. It's what we get when we demand low-cost/mass-produced goods.

I'm not discouraging you from doing anything. If you want to buy the part needed and think you can handle dismantling a modern DSLR, replacing said part, and reassembling everything into a working, reliable unit... by all means, be my guest. It's not my money on the line. But as for finding the part, good luck with that..... considering Nikon only provides parts to Nikon repair facilities.

Whether you send it in or not is not up to me. I don't have a dog in this fight. It's totally up to you. I'm just giving you a reality check. Figure $250-400 for the pro fix.

Welcome to the age of disposable goods. You pays your money and you takes your chances. It's what we get when we demand low-cost/mass-produced goods.
Well that and when said goods are improperly treated, like say using a qtip instead of a proper cleaning tool.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Well that and when said goods are improperly treated, like say using a qtip instead of a proper cleaning tool.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk
shhh. They want two hundred to disassemble it and still waiting for price of part they calling me back its like two hours away. I might just keep fixing it in post processing or find another route the camera isn't worth that much

You may as well get it converted to IR (which involves removing the sensor stack), at least you'll get something for the money.
Typical cost is I believe $150-250.
interesting idea.... hmm i would have to buy another to go with the dx lenses and some of my older lenses

You may as well get it converted to IR (which involves removing the sensor stack), at least you'll get something for the money.
Typical cost is I believe $150-250.

That was going to be my next suggestion. Convert it and either use it after you buy a replacement camera, or sell it to fund a replacement.

Most reactions

Back