Jon_Are

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks for looking!

4771965676_608f485ca5_b.jpg

Last edited:
"Oh, what a beautiful morning" (Oklahoma by Rodgers/Hammerstein)

I tell you what: had I come by this very scene at the very same moment, I'd probably taken the very same photo myself, too!

Here is a sepia version. Which one do y'all prefer?

Jon

4771383703_dc53a4b9ba_b.jpg

why such a massive halo around the trees on the left? Was this an accidental photomatix thing? Because i can see the halo's around many other objects, but above the trees is glaringly obvious

why such a massive halo around the trees on the left?

Yeah, I see it now that you pointed it out. It's the result of using Lightroom's graduated filter on the sky. I think maybe if I pull the filter down just a bit farther, that may help. I'll give it a try.

JackJames & Coughlin - thanks!

Jon

I like photo 1

Here's my effort on trying to reduce the halo:

4772919540_4eecbbd2d2_b.jpg

Much, much better :D what did it look like without the simulated GND? Care to post?

I love the first one, not so much the sepia. I like how dark the sky is and it really has a lot of depth. IT's not just a flat grey sky.

Much, much better :D what did it look like without the simulated GND? Care to post?

Without the graduated filter the sky had very little detail - I absolutely hate boring skies. I'll post the lame-O sky image when I get a chance.

By the way, I got lucky with the fog being there. I got up at 0530 that morning so I'd be out at sunrise, the fog was a bonus. It disappeared pretty quickly, though. After this shot, I took several more and, looking at the series, you can see the fog fading away.

Jon

I love the first Sepia one! Beautiful seen. Maybe it's because I'm a novice, but I actually like the halo around the trees even though it's considered "bad". It gives depth and separates the landscape from the sky.

Most reactions

Back