Misty lake + rowboat - C&C welcome

Oooh now I am waivering! I tend to have a preference for B/W shots but the blue haze is nice too. I think Pursuer is right, anyway you look at it, it is a good image :thumbup:

I don't like the B&W nearly as much either, but it's a quick edit so I gave it a go. B&W conversion is NOT a quick edit if done right.

I'm still quite new to photography and so far I've just concentrated on the technical aspects of it. As I said earlier, I hadn't even thought about how the lights affect the mood of the image. When this was shot, I was concentrating on keeping the ISO low and giving the lake a soft look by having a long shutter speed. And tried to compose it nicely, of course. Not much more. So maybe you went with your gut feeling. What's wrong with that?

So getting all this artistic feedback is not what I was expecting, but it's great, very refreshing. Especially since there is very little good artistic feedback to be had here. Shooting manual has made me think of photography in numbers, it might be time to start going a bit further. So far all my edits have been done in camera raw to adjust contrast, white balance etc. My idea of a good photo has been one that is technically correct.

Time has come to unleash the creative powers of a repressed soul. Maybe. This thread marks the beginning of a new era. Let's hope so.

Seriously though, thanks for taking the time to comment.

You're welcome.

I like the look of the first in color but IMO, the dark mass on the right adds little and the dock seems almost pressed against the left margin.
I think having a little more space on the left, and removing on the right, makes the comp more dynamic and yet adds to the out-there-ness of the empty lakje.

mistyeqll.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back