Misty Morning

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
Hi all, haven't been around for a while, just got back from a tour of europe. Hope I haven't missed anything, here's a shot from Monday morning in the Rhine valley in Germany from the castle that I stayed in - it all looked a bit freaky with the mist rising from the river and the sun coming through, I'd managed to drink quite a few beers the night before and wasn't sure if it was just the after effects or if it was real - well, apparently, it was real :D

rhine.jpg

Thanks for looking

Woo ! I love it ! Looks gothic lookin. Makes me feel like an Osprey Eagle overlooking a tasty breakfast meal. I really like shot ! Nice shot !

Very nice. Looks like a photo out of a movie.

That is so pretty! i love the whole mood to the image.. nicely captured..
Love the texture and feel the water has taken on from the mist.
The low hanging clouds add to the mystery.
ditto ;)
hope you had a good trip :D love to see more :thumbsup:

Now this is for once a really cool looking photo of the Rhine Valley, very different from the sun-out-a-blue-sky-viewcard photos. I really like this a lot.
Do you remember the name of the castle in which you spent the night?
And how was Oktoberfest?
Any photos from there (unblurred)? Or was it just not possible to take any? Hm?

Thanks for all the good comments!

LaFoto, it's a youth hostel (i'm surprised they let me in :D) Jugendburg Stahleck in Bacharach on the west side of the river.

As for Oktoberfest, I never made it - we arrived in Munich on Monday and set up camp, it was extremely cramped in the campsite as Australia had sent half of it's population there to participate in the fest, but the next day we headed into Munich and I started to feel unwell - not beer unwell, just really unsteady so I headed back to the camp to try and have a sleep and woke up the next day.

Still felt rough so we decided to head back, drove up to Saarbrucken on Wednesday, then Dunkirk on Thursday and caught a morning ferry yesterday. Still don't feel good - going to go and see the doctor on Monday.

Uh-oh, that does not sound too good! I'm sorry to hear this. I hope the doc will tell you it's only a stomach bug and nothing worse! (Liver problems ever possible???????)

Oh, you were allowed to stay in a YOUTH hostel? Congratulations. :D

Most reactions

Back